» »

told not to worry about payment and enjoy the day by the staff - Page 12

New Post Advanced Search

Welcome to the new MSE Forum!

If you were registered on the old Forum BEFORE 6th February 2020, you will need to reset your password (here) before you are able to log in. When you've reset your password, you can close this message with the 'X' in the top-right corner to make it disappear. If you need any help getting started, click here.

told not to worry about payment and enjoy the day by the staff

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
125 replies 5.3K views

Replies

• coupon-mad - awesome! thanks for specifying which points i have to look for - it's in my statement for tomorrow now:)
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    82.1K posts
    Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 50000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Phew, I was worried I was piling on too much! It is a nice point to have up your sleeve.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • man it is a lot... but stating just those points is good enough i think.

1500 words essay is not much right? how long do i have to make my stand (sorry if that was somewhere in the posts... )
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    82.1K posts
    Forumite
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I had 5 mins on Monday but have usually had longer at other hearings.

1500 words doesn't sound too bad.

Be aware that the rep will want a little chat in the waiting rooms - which a robust person who knows it's all a game of chess can do, for the LOLs, but other Defendants are advised not to, and to wait till they are inside the court room.

Take a wage slip or proof of loss of leave/salary - and travel/parking.

Take proof that you did file & serve the WS & evidence, as they lie...

Let us know when you win.

:)
  • they cannot lie on that one as sent me the bundle which consists of all the docs including my WS. Nice. I liked that!:)

wage slip, i will just present my contract which state salary, times of work and calculated hours. other than that i dont have much to show. I specified what i paid for etc but no evidence. Also listed time spent on the case multiplied by min wage as i am not qualified to charge more imo (well i added some overtime as did over hours and didnt spent my time with family). may touch on that actually too.
  • edited 15 November 2019 at 9:55PM
    harnasharnas
    58 posts
    Forumite
    edited 15 November 2019 at 9:55PM
    I won! i typed it all here how it went and what to look out for with all the details i remember. i tried to post and... was prompted to login again... and then all was lost..:( but basically my case lasted just 15 min top. The judge was well prepared, i did not read my statement. case dismissed. i got almost £100 back.
    i will try to summarise everything again but not today - watch this space next week;)

thanks a lot for your support guys especially Coupon-mad - i did mention the CRA, not the points that you've highlighted but the facts that company cannot cut themselves off from what their representative say - it's there somewhere along the lines of unfairness:)
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas
    27K posts
    Forumite
    25000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which court, which DJ please (and I don't mean Jimmy Saville,) :rotfl:

Well done!
  • DJ Devlin in CC Oxford
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    82.1K posts
    Forumite
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Very good, knew you would - and well done! ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST!

:T

Do type your full court report this weekend again while it is fresh in your mind as we love reading them and they give newbies confidence that it is not that scary.
  • Le_KirkLe_Kirk
    8.6K posts
    Forumite
    5000 Posts Sixth Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well done on the win and hard luck on typing out your court report only for the forum to lose it! If I am going to or am typing out a long post, I frequently go Ctrl-A and Ctrl-C which copies your text onto the clip-board, then, if you do have to log-in again, a Ctrl-V gets you back where you were.