Forum Home» Consumer Rights

Parcel theft - Ali Express and Refund

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Parcel theft - Ali Express and Refund

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Consumer Rights
7 replies 572 views
wolfbane9wolfbane9 Forumite
15 posts
10 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Consumer Rights
Hi there. I don't really know what to do so I am asking for advice. I have had four parcels (worth over £40 and Christmas presents) ''delivered'' from Ali Express. I paid by debit card. I didn't receive any of them and believe that a very dodgy neighbour has stolen them. I was at work when they were apparently delivered. I didn't sign or see them. The courier's tracking states 'delivered' but it hasn't been! I've opened disputes and been refused refunds for these and have had one letter from Royal Mail stating that 2 of these were left with the dodgy neighbour who claimed no knowledge of them and told me to ask supplier for refund or put in a claim. I was refused a refund and can't claim as I have no posting details!! I have previously warned RM of leaving parcels to no avail. Please please help!

Replies

• Get back onto Ali Express and tell them they haven't fulfilled their side of the contract.
  • wolfbane9wolfbane9 Forumite
    15 posts
    10 Posts
    Their response:

If you havent received the item. I would strongly suggest to contact your local post office and get an official document to support your claim that it was not delivered to you, Doing this option can win your dispute and once proven valid you can wint the dispute and the refund can be easily provide to you.

I have no details of parcel so cannot chase and how on earth am I meant to prove it's stolen??
  • born_againborn_again Forumite
    3.9K posts
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    If RM are saying that they were left with neighbour (take it signed for) then get the police involved as theft.
    On my way to retirement. Thanks to Covid 19. 
  • wolfbane9wolfbane9 Forumite
    15 posts
    10 Posts
    I did, they were not interested.
  • CastleCastle Forumite
    3K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    wolfbane9 wrote: »
    Their response:

If you havent received the item. I would strongly suggest to contact your local post office and get an official document to support your claim that it was not delivered to you, Doing this option can win your dispute and once proven valid you can wint the dispute and the refund can be easily provide to you.

I have no details of parcel so cannot chase and how on earth am I meant to prove it's stolen??
    It's up to Ali Express to prove it was delivered to you or somebody nominated by you to receive the parcels-as per the Consumer Rights Act 2015-section 29(2).
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • deanosdeanos Forumite
    11.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Uniform Washer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Castle wrote: »
    It's up to Ali Express to prove it was delivered to you or somebody nominated by you to receive the parcels-as per the Consumer Rights Act 2015-section 29(2).

Does CRA apply to China ?
  • BoGoFBoGoF Forumite
    6.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Contact your bank and request a chargeback.

And stop ordering cheap tack from China.