»

Flannels Refused Refund - Page 3

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: NEW MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH 31/3
RESCUE FLIGHTS FOR STRANDED BRITS * SCHOOL MEALS VOUCHERS * BRIGHTHOUSE COLLAPSES

Flannels Refused Refund

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Consumer Rights
28 replies 1.8K views
13»

Replies

• ess0two wrote: »
    Obviously there's more to this? OP has already stated staff told her about 'fakes', could this be the real reason all return attempts are being denyed.

I understand what they are talking about, but the point I am constantly trying to make is that I was only informed about this once I tried to return the product, up untill that point, of me going back into the shop, I was under the impression that I would be getting a refund.
  • edited 3 November 2019 at 9:03PM
    visidigivisidigi Forumite
    5.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 3 November 2019 at 9:03PM
    Pollycat wrote: »
    Who is behind the 'Flannels' brand?
    Just Google where they are based.
    Quite close to a sports company owned by a certain M Ashley...
    Just sayin'....

He owns the brand and the shops - like most of the high street he bought that up too.

OP

I am wondering - were there authentication tags or anything which were removed etc? If you've been to Turkey, China, local markets etc you will know there's plenty of copies out there...just wondering if there was anything on the shoes you removed at any point...
  • PollycatPollycat Forumite
    28.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Savvy Shopper!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    visidigi wrote: »
    He owns the brand and the shops - like most of the high street he bought that up too
    Ermmmm
    Yeah.
    Didn't you get that from my post?
    Sports Direct returns policy is notorious.
  • visidigi wrote: »

He owns the brand and the shops - like most of the high street he bought that up too.

OP

I am wondering - were there authentication tags or anything which were removed etc? If you've been to Turkey, China, local markets etc you will know there's plenty of copies out there...just wondering if there was anything on the shoes you removed at any point...
    The thing is they didn't even check the shoe, they literally just saw the box and that was it, by the way, I haven't touched any of the tags either, I was with my friend at the time and even he was saying stuff to the workers like why don't you match up the product numbers etc, but they had no interest.
  • Manxman_in_exileManxman_in_exile Forumite
    3.8K posts
    1,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary
    ✭✭✭✭
    TheMalsh wrote: »
    I didn't know where to put it, dunno why ya'll are so harsh, I'm 19 meanwhile you're probably a middle aged person with nothing better to do but berate people asking for help

Sorry Malsh. It's just that when I was your age I was into fashion but that was a third hand black leather motor-cycle jacket (preferably ripped), spiky hair, torn tartan trousers with bondage straps, and a few safety pins. Pick it all up for next to nothing unless you went to Vivienne Westwood's shop on Kings Road.

The only relatively expensive item (they were hard to get in the UK then) were hi-cut Converse basketball boots. I had the off-white/cream ones which don't seem to be around now. Ah! - those were the days: The Clash, The Damned, The Stranglers, The Sex pistols...I could go on...

(Who is "Kanye" and Kardashian?)
  • rach_krach_k Forumite
    1.7K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    If you think it's the store making up their own rules, it might be worth asking a well-dressed older adult (mum or grandma?) to go with you. Without meaning to sound rude, it might be that your appearance is biasing the shop employees against you. If you're 19, they're possibly wondering where you got the money and that might lead them to believe you're trying to con them. Somebody who might be judged more likely to have that kind of money might get a better result.
  • Not that many of you care, but I contacted customer service and explained it all and they responded by saying that it is their policy to offer a refund on all products, they said that I should contact the store manager and that they should have no problem in me returning them, rang the place up, explained to the manager what happened and they said that I couldn't get a refund, then when I said that I had an email sent from the customer service, the manager said that I would have to take it in as proof but even then, I am not guaranteed a refund, hopefully it gets sorted, but if it does, i can guarantee that I will never shop there again.
  • edited 5 November 2019 at 7:42PM
    photomephotome Forumite
    14.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Bake Off Boss!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 5 November 2019 at 7:42PM
    I suggested complaining higher up the chain in post number 6, that’s exactly what you have done and got some kind of result.

I didn’t know then that it’s one of Mike Ashley’s businesses, it’s always going to be an uphill battle as his stores don’t give refunds without a fight

Please keep the thread updated