New Post Advanced Search

NST: November 2019

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Debt-free Wannabe Challenges
603 replies 26.8K views

Replies

• apple_muncherapple_muncher Forumite
    10.7K posts
    10,000 Posts Sixth Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi bizzie - you're in!
    NST July jouster #1; NSD 18; Ex 32; bagfuls 6 (53)

Mortgage £500? ish (01/14: £78,201; 01/15: £59,629; 01/16: 39,915; 01/17: 27,295; 01/18 23,143; 01/19: 18.275) MFWDate: very soonish
  • sashanutsashanut Forumite
    3.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture Mortgage-free Glee! Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi all:j

Will check in tomorrow with all the rules when I have had chance to sort myself out!

All DDs gone out & cc paid off in full - but it was a quite a lot higher than usual. However, I sent a load of stuff back so that will come off once it's received at the business.

Also transferred some cash I had saved up for our holiday spends. When I remembered the bank password that is :rotfl:

Not an NSD today as went to the Home of the Bargains (and Her*n - also got some of the pastry, foxholes. Although not much left). So 0/15 so far with that.

Tried to think ahead & did put a few things back - we are going away for 10 days from next Wed so trying to take myself in hand & not purchase fresh stuff out of habit or because it's YS'd.

All food was from stores & DD took supper leftovers with her for tomorrow at work.

DH booked a meal out for our big wedding anniv that's coming up, but it's not till December.

Can definitely think of some new habits I need to start, will get on to that tomorrow.

Grateful for: warm bed, enough food, family life.

Popping in to say hi : Hello Turtles!!
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • facethemusicfacethemusic Forumite
    110 posts
    Fourth Anniversary 100 Posts
    Quick check in before day 1 is over. NSD 1/15 achieved. Three things to be grateful for, puss cat being snuggly, a hot water bottle to toast my feet and enough food in the fridge that making dinner was easy. Will do a proper check in of all the rules over the weekend.
  • I ended up having an impromptu lunch out at Mcdonalds, I then went to Tesco and bought lunch stuff.
    No Spend November 2/15 and SPC 134
  • apple_muncherapple_muncher Forumite
    10.7K posts
    10,000 Posts Sixth Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Folow your passion, stay true to yourself, never follow someone else's path unless you're in the woods and you're lost and you see a path then by all means you should follow that.
    Ellen Degeneres.
    NST July jouster #1; NSD 18; Ex 32; bagfuls 6 (53)

Mortgage £500? ish (01/14: £78,201; 01/15: £59,629; 01/16: 39,915; 01/17: 27,295; 01/18 23,143; 01/19: 18.275) MFWDate: very soonish
  • ditty1234ditty1234 Forumite
    845 posts
    500 Posts Name Dropper First Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    So far:
    0/15 NSD From Monday and on!
    Today is trip 1 a bit expensive so might be the only one. Tomorrows trip is a cross country run, so should only cost gas, and that is already sorted for the week, and a weird trip to get ds from a service area where he will be dropped off, that will be a 90M roundtrip.
    My gratitudes - 1. ds who is up before me in a Saturday, eating before 4 hours of training, he will then be a vegetable on the couch for the rest of the day - but at least he won't be getting into trouble.
    2. Friends.
    3. Decent health.

Have done no de-clutter yet but am suspecting one of them will be all the unripe figs on my fig tree tomorrow. I know it doesen't really count, but I need to take care of it.

Habit 1 is getting off my phone and computer for aimless browsing, and reaching out to people instead.
    Habit 2 still deciding on this one.
    LBM Jan 2019 - £25.928/-£23.683 8.6% paid off - On hold, EF 2020 - July £1370/1000
    Housing fund 2020-2022 £225/6000 : Citizenship £345/£1770 : Weight -6/12 kg
    Run 10k in 1h 10m 1h 07m 16.7.2020: £10 a day July £2/190, August £0/310 Sept £0/300
  • lcc86lcc86 Forumite
    1.4K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭
    Morning all, dinner plans didn't quite go to plan last night, the cheap pizza place I wanted to try was absolutely rammed so we went to a Thai place instead. Food was yum but more expensive. I had my wisdom teeth out earlier this week so it was nice to eat a real meal rather than soup!

Today I am off to a gym class (boxing - eek!) and then walking a friend's dogs provided the weather holds up. Might watch some fireworks later again depending on the weather. It's already raining. I was about to say it'll be a NSD but I remembered I've had a hair cut booked for ages. I already had the money saved from last month though so don't know if I can be cheeky and technically count it as a NSD :rotfl:

Today I am grateful for a yummy dinner last night with OH, my lovely house rabbits who are like each other's shadow, and my yoga class last night. I normally go on a Saturday morning and the class is really fast paced and tiring, yesterday's was the total opposite. Initially I was impatient and wanted to get going but then I thought to myself, it's the end of the week, it's actually really nice to unwind and have a change of pace. So I'm grateful that it got me to change my way of thinking.
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5124473 - my original diary :money:
    Car debt total May 2020 £5,200 - July 2020 £4,358
  • Grateful for
    Returning health after the stomach flu, good neighbour who walked my dog, get well wishes from my family

Chucked out
    Old tv unit and printer from the husband hoard in the shed - age concern are collecting ��

On sofa with feet up, nice and warm in an old fisherman’s jumper ... watching the rugby with aforementioned old fisherman so today will be a NSD

Happy Monday Waving at you
    Stop Buying **** We Don't Need :D
  • Happy_MondayHappy_Monday Forumite
    278 posts
    100 Posts
    ✭✭
    Morning everyone, happy Saturday to you all.

Spendy day for me as I’m food shopping, but for the first time in a long time I’ve written a list. Note to self: don’t forget the list!!!!

Always shop at Aldi, so never too super spendy, but I’ve got folks coming over for Sunday dinner tomorrow so I will need to spend a bit more.

Out with friends tonight - already booked a while ago. I think I may struggle with the social side this months as I’ve got lots of pre-booked things booked in. I’m very guilty of always saying yes, but for the purpose of this challenge it’s perhaps not so good!

Today so far I am grateful for: a delicious bowl of porridge for breakfast this morning. For feeling organised and meal prepping and writing my shopping list and for the support on this thread. So glad I’ve joined in, so thank you everyone!
  • KarmacatKarmacat Forumite
    34.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good morning! I'd like to join please, apple, I got back from my family trip yesterday afternoon. Gratitudes:
    1. no travel delays - well, the last train was delayed, but we left early, so it made no difference. And never got rained on.

2. the trip went well, even though booking the car to take us over the Pennines meant that we set off at midday for a round trip that took 6 hours :eek:
    3. I think my mum would have been proud of us for managing the trip the way we did.

4. Existing plans for a rest day had to be cancelled because my brother was so ill, and the substitute plans were brilliant - Port Sunlight Art Gallery, and Chester Cathedral, where a distant family member built the organ that's still used.

5. I did nearly all my washing yesterday after I got home. Dried things in the house with the radiators on and the windows open :o I don't have a dryer and it was raining by then.
    6. It's only the 2nd, and a Saturday, so plenty of time to get things in order here. I'm off to London on Monday to see the Tutankamun exhibition, and the second half of the month I'm catsitting, so getting things in order is really important :rotfl:
    Downsized and paid off mortgage 2010
    Retired August 2016
    Paid off French mortgage September 2018
    New kitchen fully installed June 2019