» »

Drawing a line under the debt. Take two. - Page 28

New Post Advanced Search

Welcome to the new MSE Forum!

If you were registered on the old Forum BEFORE 6th February 2020, you will need to reset your password (here) before you are able to log in. When you've reset your password, you can close this message with the 'X' in the top-right corner to make it disappear. If you need any help getting started, click here.

Drawing a line under the debt. Take two.

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Debt Free Diaries
356 replies 24.7K views

Replies

• DrawingalineDrawingaline
    1.1K posts
    Forumite
    1000 Posts Third Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    Not a lot done today. Tomorrow I am out of the house all day on a first aid training,and with the awful weather I have totally relaxed today. I have a list of stuff to do and nothing has been done :rotfl: anyway, I am holding out for Tuesday when cb, Dla and my wages come in. Then I can repay the regular savings, clear the cc and the bank balance will look so much better. Plus the bill buffer will be back on place which will make me feel better tbh.
    1.1K posts
    Forumite
    ✭✭✭
    First aid course was actually fun. Run by a paramedic so lots of stories from the front line :rotfl: I actually got my leadership book out an have now scared myself with the amount of work I need to do ASAP :eek:

Also did some more work for my course, although when I looked at the lesson plans after I don't think we are doing that chapter, which may be why I struggled a bit with it :rotfl: ah well, will put me ahead for the second course if I do it.

I cave and bought some more theatre tickets. Got 9to5 tickets for less than half price through a deal run on a website. Our FB group gets a discount on top. Got it for my daughters birthday next march, so will pay it off with the birthday fund. She has been keen to see it again after we saw it in the summer.

Tomorrow sees the child benefit, Dla and hopefully my wages hit the accout. So excited :rotfl: will replace the money borrowed from the High interest accout, replace my buffer and pay ff the cc. Can't wait to have a decent balance again.
    1.1K posts
    Forumite
    ✭✭✭
    So Dla and child benefit came in. No wages though. So paid into the regular saver, will have to wait to clear the cc. Basically I have been using the cc in ynab correctly, moving the money from categories to payment once spent. This is because the current account is basically empty and I don't want to move the money from the regular saver which has £2250 in it lol! I love how in ynab doesn't care about bank accounts it's all about the categories. Anyway I can clear it once I am paid which should be in the next few days.
    1.1K posts
    Forumite
    ✭✭✭
    Still no wages, am goigg to haee to message tomorrow, I need them by the 23rd at the latest! Beginning to get a bit annoyed tbh, she takes a cut so therefore I feel she should be buffered and I shouldn't have to wait.

Anyway been pondering dropping some days. Wondering if I could see about claiming carers allowance. I really think as the small two get into secondary I am going to need to be around a bit more as I feel I will be having school ngs much more often. I looked at the calculations and it would increase the tax credits a bit, and I can still earn £120 a week, so would still work two days. Have had to reapply for Dla for the smallest so may see how that goes and think about it in the new year.
    1.1K posts
    Forumite
    ✭✭✭
    Finally been paid :T which meant I could send a chunk to the cc and it will be cleared before interest added. Its been interesting using it in ynab as it should be. But I don't really like doing it. May Hve to do it a bit this month. The savings account is a regular saver with £2250 in it, once it matures in January it should have 3k in, and most will go back into the current account as I get interest on that.

Paid a small amount off the loan, less than £5,but took it less than 6k, so the figures look good and gives me a boost :rotfl: ef back upto £225, with £75 due from next month's wages, and £150 in a house fund, still some bits left to do.

Online shop ordered for Monday morning, and this time I managed to organise part paying with the gift card hubby won at work which has helped. Food bills are still a bit too high, meals all planned for coming fortnight, and need a lIdl shop to get Lunchbox things.

Although I am losing £80 fr Jan when I wil no longer have my neices, I am going to tell my boss I will be dropping Wednesdays completely. I have one job that's only an hour and I will keep that as I can swap days, but my other two jobs will be going. I still have two private jobs every other Wednesday and may search for another one, but not getting paid on time has really annoyed me and I feel I am working so hard for her and while I don't want to drop working for her, I want a bit more flexibility with how I am paid. Doing my course has been eye opening too, am being very careful to keep all my hours recorded somewhere.

Today I had a guide training day. Thoroughly enjoyed it, saw a few faces from when I was a guide/young leader, some women do it forever, have a bafeelong I may end up filling my time with it once the kids are older :rotfl: but lots of ideas were given and I feel muh more able to take up a more active role in our group. Just need to get my sister to let me do more, she is a self admitted control freak :rotfl:

Tomorrow am off to the theatre with the smallest to see Tom Gates, he is quite excited, and won't neeto leave until after lunch, so hopefully just train fare (£11.50) and a t shirt for him.
    1.1K posts
    Forumite
    ✭✭✭
    Had a fun time watching Tom Gates yesterday, the smallest really enjoyed it. Parking, Train, T shirt and burger King tea.

Nothing else planned going forward until after Xmas.

Food shopping came today, had a client cancel tomorrow so going to go to lIdl and @sda to finish up what's needed for the meal plan and lunchboxes. Want to pop to town too, want to go to the library, and the girl wants some hair products.

Tired tonight too, not been sleeping well at all, waking in the night and not being able to drift back off. My diet has gone to pot too, definitely put weight back on. I need a huge kick up the backside I think.

Anyway roll on half term, I am taking two days off, can't wait.
    1.1K posts
    Forumite
    ✭✭✭
    Well yesterday was more eventful than I initially planned! Shopping all done, went to my last clients, all OK, then I managed to somehow trip over my own feet, landed heavily on my arm and dislocated my shoulder :eek: have never felt pain like it, had to have an ambulance as I physically couldn't get off the floor until I was given gas and air.

No work for two weeks, and due to the nature of my job it may be longer. So alongside feeling like a complete idiot, money is going to be stupidly tight next month. Luckily basics all covered, will save two weeks petrol money and won't have to pay the teens over half term. But still, not being able to drive is a complete pain in this household as no one else can! My mum and dad will help with essential trips, but going to cost getting hubby to the train station and back.
  • Honeysucklelou2Honeysucklelou2
    2.4K posts
    Forumite
    ✭✭✭✭
    :eek: Sorry to read about your shoulder. Sounds incredibly painful. Hope the pain is easing/under control.
    paydbx2020 #93 £234.00/£10,025 . 1 debt 100 days 34. £31/995
    EF £70. SPC 141

# savings# £5 . Oven. £4/ £403 Health EF 0/£250
  • Purplemumof2Purplemumof2
    7.8K posts
    Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 5000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ouch! Hope you feel better soon xx
    Official DFW Nerd Club - Member no. 791 - Proud to be dealing with my debts
    BC: £7070.00 :mad: Lloyds: £7850.00 :mad: MBNA: GONE :)
    Feb LTW 2/20
    PAYDBX 2020 #041 PD £298.03/£8000
    Xmas Pot £52.85/£500 ~ EF £280/£500
    20p Savers 2020 :) £2 Savers 2020 :) 50p Savers 2020 :) SPC 13 2020 #003
  • ChasingSunshineChasingSunshine
    213 posts
    Forumite
    Third Anniversary 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    Oh no! Get well soon. I hope your pain is under control now.