»

CCJ advice needed - Page 2

New Post Advanced Search

Welcome to the new MSE Forum!

If you were registered on the old Forum BEFORE 6th February 2020, you will need to reset your password (here) before you are able to log in. When you've reset your password, you can close this message with the 'X' in the top-right corner to make it disappear. If you need any help getting started, click here.

CCJ advice needed

edited 22 October 2019 at 5:09PM in Credit File & Ratings
17 replies 814 views
2»

Replies

• Gary_DexterGary_Dexter PPR
    7.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    It has to be agreed to and with reasonable grounds
  • xlnc99xlnc99
    761 posts
    Forumite
    500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. That is what you do but you dont pay until after the CCJ is removed. Tell them you will make full payment within 14 or 28 days. Also when you contact Cabot explain the circumstances why you never received the form. They can picky, ive dealt with them before.

Youve not seen this online because its not heavily advertised as everyone would be doing it. It took me a long while to research all this when i did my claim.
  • xlnc99xlnc99
    761 posts
    Forumite
    500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    once signed you need to pay £100 court fee then it goes to the judge who makes a decision. Ultimate it is up to the judge to decide but given your circumstances he should allow it
  • Gary_DexterGary_Dexter PPR
    7.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    OP - do you owe the money?
  • I’m not sure- I did have a student bank account back in about 2007 and had a free overdraft I took advantage of, no idea of the amount but was about £1-2k. I think I paid it all off once I graduated as it disappeared from my Halifax accounts and I heard nothing about it. Halifax certainly never chased me for money, I wouldn’t have just ignored my bank (that I’m still with) requesting payment. I’m waiting to hear more information from Cabot but I’m presuming maybe Halifax had a certain timeframe it had to be paid by that I wasn’t aware of, they deleted it from my visible Halifax accounts without explaining why and Cabot have been using my old address... no idea. I wouldn’t have ignored requests for payment if I had seen them.
  • edited 23 October 2019 at 5:48PM
    D_M_ED_M_E
    2.9K posts
    Forumite
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 23 October 2019 at 5:48PM
    You could try sending an SAR to Halifax and see what information you get by way of reply.

Whatever they send you, you need to look through it and find what they have to say about the old account - was it actually paid off and if so, when?

If the SAR does show that yes, it was paid off, then a complaint to Halifax would be warranted with the aim of getting the CCJ removed at their expense, pafrticularly since you are still a customer and have had no contact from them about any unpaid account overdraft and the fact that they used your old address to serve/send any paperwork, not your current address which they full well know and should have passed to the collectors.

Maybe the collectors lifted your old address from your credit file and used that in order to get a default CCJ?
  • Ben8282Ben8282 PPR
    4.8K posts
    Newshound!
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you are still with Halifax as you say and have remained their customer the whole time this is all very odd. Have you actually tried discussing it with them?