Forum Home» Old Style MoneySaving

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3 - Page 781

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

edited 18 July 2017 at 10:40AM in Old Style MoneySaving
12.1K replies 824.9K views

Replies

• DundeeDollDundeeDoll Forumite
    4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Day off work so
    1) nice slow start to the day
    2) nice deep bubbly bath
    3) long lunch with a friend at the botanic gardens - it p**d down so was very happy she gave me a lift to
    4) mr t to buy stuff for 2 trifles for event tomorrow
    5) have made the two first layers - a gluten-free one with orange jelly and satsumas poached in orange juice with whisky and an alcohol-free one with lots of local fruit and sponges.
    now at home with dd2 listening to the news quiz. then an early night cos big match tomorrow morning
    I may not be there yet but I'm closer than I was yesterday
  • LaineyTLaineyT Forumite
    3.3K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Friday pleasures,

Up early to make bread dough, had got out of the habit of making my own during illness and missed the quiet pleasure of kneading.

Had scheduled a lesson on beautiful grey one but my cough obviously missed me and has made a reappearance, still got on my girlie but just walk work and the difficulty of breathing & riding had me slumped across my girlie’s neck at one point laughing.

HM bread ham sandwich for lunch, simple but delicious.

A couple of chores to do in the afternoon but by the time a nasty thunderstorm rolled across I was thankfully ensconced on the sofa having small dog cuddles.

Capt S coming home and knowing our weekend has started.
  • DundeeDollDundeeDoll Forumite
    4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    1) rugbeeeeeeeeeee (and good footie for the hatters but not for bop)
    2) finished the trifles and made a bean salad for
    3) lunch for 27 (catering done by the committee). have come home with enough bean salad, green salad and trout for 2 meals
    4) lovely walk with mum along the beach
    5) then back to hers to pick up spare hair dryer (mine gave up the ghost last month).
    I may not be there yet but I'm closer than I was yesterday
  • FrithFrith Forumite
    6.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pleasures for yesterday and today:

Yesterday

1) Meeting in floody city with the person who will come to smaller son's meeting with me on Tuesday. Nice, helpful chap. We will say he cannot cope in a mainstream school/college (no surprise that it failed, as he hadn't been in one for 7 years!)

2) Had a restorative cup of tea in Waitrose.

3) Popped in to see mum and dad.

4) Poorly hen still going, sitting up in her bed like a queen!

5) Brother popped round for a while.

6) Babysat my small niece.

Today

1) A lie in.

2) Hen well enough to get herself in and out of the sleeping quarters!

3) Bigger son had a nice shift at Halfords.

4) Tidied up a bit.

5) Took bigger son's bike to his friend's house (so he can cycle home later) and had to watch them do flips on the trampoline.

6) Watching tv this evening.

7) My Manchester United members card has arrived (!)
    Never took piano lessons
    But baby you're a grand
    And I will learn to play the good notes
    And tune you up the best I can
  • LaineyTLaineyT Forumite
    3.3K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Saturday pleasures,

Boiled egg with marmite soldiers whilst watching the rugby.

Over to the yard, being Saturday the school was busy with lessons so was just going to graze girlie in hand but she was so dirty when I got there that I brought her in for a good groom. Afterwards we went for a little wander around the field and I saw 4 buzzards flying above our heads, family group I presume.

More birds, this time a Jay flew in front of my car on the way home, beautiful colours.

Unfortunately I’m still coughing so quiet afternoon reading and watching the footie scores coming in.

A takeaway treat for tea, small dog adores prawn crackers but is only allowed a couple.
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • villagelifevillagelife Forumite
    2.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    For past couple of days.

1. Windows cleaned by window cleaner. He had brought his 2 year old son with him. He wanted to play with the hens but ended up chasing them as they wouldn't play. I gave him some eggs as he wanted to see the newly laid eggs.

2. Sorted out seeds in the greenhouse and sowed some.

3. At work - more money and voiced my opinions about others not pulling their weight. Happened on Saturday too. I was listened too.

4. Rugby result. Enjoyed Kyle's try.

5. Cooked tea which was good a pork casserole.

6. Started my Christmas cake.
  • mhagstermhagster Forumite
    3.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    My Saturday pleasures...well pleasures up to a particular point in the day!

Work was fine. Had a better frame of mind. Blethered back and forth with my main kitchen colleague. Had taken in her a bunch of herbs from my garden. See ...I can be nice!

A couple of pounds in tips.

Did my grocery shop. Had taken car down. Needed dog food and loo roll as well as other things .

Dumped shopping that son put away ....thank you...see I can be grateful!

Took daughter and we went down to our woods . First we had a nice piece of cake and then a lovely big walk to walk off the cake! See...I can be kind.

We went up to see OH’s tree and the memorial plaque as DD2 hadn’t yet seen it. ( it just went up a few weeks ago) . We had a hug. See...I can be caring!

Phoned friend to see if she fancied a dark o’clock woodland walk and she did so we arranged to meet later. See...I can be inclusive.

Then got home! And my sister called for her (so I thought) usual Saturday afternoon call. And it transpires that my mother had had a fall through the week , needs help but no way in hell was asking me! So got a tirade from my sister ...who kept saying are you still there? You’re very quiet ? No, sister you’re hardly letting me get a word in edgeways! And my nice day was kind of spoiled ...which sounds kind of spoiled by me!

Tried repeatedly to call, no reply . DD2 messaged and did get a reply. So I will go round later and bite my tongue in half probably and do what needs to be done...as the brother who lives less than a mile away won’t and the sister who’s a three hour drive away won’t. And they don’t hardly ever!

Had my woodland walk with friend and her daughter. There’s a light show coming and they’ve been doing trials all week ...nah! Not last night! Was blooming chilly we all had our hats and scarves on! Anyway we had a good chat on the way round and a bit more exercise and very fresh air.

Bought some very Rtc flowers ( which are still in car so need to remember to take them out)

Today is my very first Sunday off work since I started. Was supposed to be meeting a friend but have reneged on that to be a dutiful daughter. It’s 2 years today that I left Australia to come back and nine years since I arrived there. Sun is shining in an it’s blooming chilly kind of way but first load of washing is due to finish and another load to go on.

Have a lovely day.
  • VJsmumVJsmum Forumite
    6.2K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blimey, Mhags, can't believe you've been back 2 years...

Lainey, sorry you're still coughing, sounds like mine had been. Sure you don't need some antibiotics?

Pleasures for Friday

1. DS came home for the weekend. Seems more settled
    2. restructured, yet again, the second half of the thesis. Still trying to find the one that works
    3. gin
    4. watched a film with OH and DS "American made"
    5. Did the shopping and washing was hung outside

and yesterday

1. Good walk to the station
    2. "second" breakfast in London with friends
    3. Then we marched on Parliament. Mostly good natured with some very right wing people heckling at one point calling us traitors. I smiled and waved at them
    4. Went to uni to take my book back and do some printing.
    5. OH had got loads of leftover curry bits out for tea and we opened a nice bottle of wine.

Have a nice day. The rugby is excrutiating. Come on Cymru
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • Blackbeard_of_PerranporthBlackbeard_of_Perranporth Forumite
    7.3K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    There, now yous worried!
    PM2DD Zip it, not interested. Didn't look, don't start! Enuff!
    MHags, Yous using words out of BoP Vokabbblery!

Right nows the rests of yous, here is yous Tea Time BoP Snack!

BoPsie is has a serious reversions. Watched Herbie rides again the other night, BoPsie was inn her bin theres mode. I klows yous not watched it for a while, but you just want too!

Nows I mentioned on FryDay abot the use of the best back before the snorker fest! Well good news, BoP got some more best back inn and we had a mega fest for brekkers yesterday! Well fed and tea was drinked!

Had wobbelades last nite, with a million quiz and some model railway things.

Must start me 1:32 Mozzie model soon.

Tea at Gaff de BoP tonite was Fishmans Pie. Not available inn the emporium. With codpieces, mackeral and shrimps. Inn homemade cheesed off Parsley sauce, topped with scallop tatties. Recipe handed down by BoP and available on request!

Oh, about the horn! BoP got two cream and strawberry horns. Nice and naughty!

That's all for your tea time BoP snack!

They forgot to close the bloody doors!
    Cardiac Arrest - Electrical - Patient unconscious! Heart Attack - Plumbing - Patient conscious!
    Defibrillators Cannot Cure a Heart Attack!
  • VJsmumVJsmum Forumite
    6.2K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭

BoPsie is has a serious reversions. Watched Herbie rides again the other night, BoPsie was inn her bin theres mode. I klows yous not watched it for a while, but you just want too!

I really don't - watched it in the pictures when I was 10 or 11 years old. My friend and I were in the circle and were so bored we started flicking empty ice cream cartons on a bald man's head who was in the stalls. :eek::rotfl:

We got thrown out.:rotfl::o
    I wanna be in the room where it happens