Water leaking down outside walls

14 replies 899 views
2»

Replies

• FreeBearFreeBear Forumite
    4.5K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would say that it is a design and construction defect - Certainly something the developers should be remedying rather than trying to wriggle out of doing anything.

What else have they missed out when building the houses ?
    Her courage will change the world.

Treasure the moments that you have. Savour them for as long as you can for they will never come back again.
  • TELLIT01TELLIT01 Forumite
    9.1K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Developers will do anything they can to wriggle out of their responsibilities. If they won't act to correct what is pretty clearly a construction fault contact NHBC in the first instance. If no joy there, look at the small claims court after getting an independant report on the cause of the problem.
  • FuturisticFuturistic Forumite
    831 posts
    Fifth Anniversary 500 Posts Cashback Cashier
    ✭✭✭
    We got this response:
    The roofing company have come back to us to confirm that as this is not a design/construction fault.

Site Manager has confirmed - There is no structural defect

Both have confirmed that it is not possible to have guttering installed as GRP bay roofs are not designed to have guttering on them.
  • G_MG_M Forumite
    52K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    £340 sounds expensive - most of that is labour and it'snot a hard job.

Though you'll have to consider where the downpipe leads. You can't just release the water at the foot of the wall or you'll create a new damp problem.........
    ** If I include a blue link in my post, click and read it before posting a follow-up question. The answer may be in the link! **