New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Refunded buyer recieved goods

1 reply 801 views
Norfolk_JimNorfolk_Jim Forumite
1.3K posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
✭✭✭
A buyer complained that they had not recieved their item and as it looked reasonable to me that it should have arrived by now I refunded the buyer (and intended to put in a claim on my missing item - its £15 so just a POP)
The day after they contacted me through ebay to say it had arrived morning and how could they pay for the item as Id already issued the refund?
Whats the best way for me to deal with this? I cant ask them to send me the payment direct as I will fall foul of ebays rules, wont I?

Replies

• soolinsoolin Forumite, Board Guide
    66.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    A buyer complained that they had not recieved their item and as it looked reasonable to me that it should have arrived by now I refunded the buyer (and intended to put in a claim on my missing item - its £15 so just a POP)
    The day after they contacted me through ebay to say it had arrived morning and how could they pay for the item as Id already issued the refund?
    Whats the best way for me to deal with this? I cant ask them to send me the payment direct as I will fall foul of ebays rules, wont I?

You should have their email address either on eBay or in PayPal, just send them a PayPal invoice direct and only communicate through that email.
    I'm the Board Guide for the Ebay Board , Charities Board , Dosh & Disability , Up Your Income and the Local MoneySaving-England board which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. However, do remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an illegal or inappropriate post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with this). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
    New to Forum? Guide