Forum Home» Credit File & Ratings

credit score dropped 178 because of a mistake? - Page 3

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

credit score dropped 178 because of a mistake?

edited 10 October 2019 at 10:16PM in Credit File & Ratings
22 replies 1.8K views
13»

Replies

• Challenge the DCA in writing to prove the £68 debt. Have they bought a debt from the mobile company and registered a default? I assume you are still with the same mobile company and they are continuing to provide a service.

Look at the credit report rather than the score.
    ::A
  • Robin9Robin9 Forumite
    7.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    lkelly23 - have you had a bill from your mobile supplier lately ? What is the bottom line ?

I don't know the actual dates but lets suggest you had bills in April, May, June and July for £50 each which you didn't pay and were then cutoff. I think you are saying that because you have now paid £200 that that is the end of the matter - it isn't. As has been said there will be interest and charges for the debt collector building up which have to be paid.
    Never pay on an estimated bill