Forum Home» Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning

Reputation of Southall Travel Company - Page 2

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Reputation of Southall Travel Company

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning
19 replies 4.4K views
2»

Replies

• Did you ever get anywhere out of interest?
    We had the same thing happen to us - seems very common!
    Still trying to get at least some of our money back.
    They are horrific.
  • PollycatPollycat Forumite
    29.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Savvy Shopper!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EJD1979 wrote: »
    Did you ever get anywhere out of interest?
    They are horrific.

Who are you addressing your question to?
    Most of the posters who say they are unhappy with this company have posted once or twice and have never logged on again.
  • worried_jimworried_jim
    11.6K posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EJD1979 wrote: »
    Did you ever get anywhere out of interest?
    They are horrific.

Don't just book it.....
  • EveryWhereEveryWhere
    3.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Southall Travel have been established for quite some time. Perhaps some people simply don't understand the type of ticket they purchased.
    Ask about ticketing conditions before purchase.
  • Dr_CryptoDr_Crypto Forumite
    997 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, they’re fine. I rarely use agents now but I’ve found them ok in the past.
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • jimbo6977jimbo6977 Forumite
    773 posts
    500 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Southall Travel are fine: indeed very useful if you want to travel to secondary/tertiary/where-the-heck-is-that-ary destinations, particularly in Asia.

They also have various online sites for more mundane products.
    29.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to point out that the person who started the thread asking for feedback on Southall Travel posted 18 months ago.

He/she logged off a couple of hours after posting and hasn't logged on since.
  • Amina_MalikAmina_Malik Forumite
    1 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    I am absolutely disgusted that I'm even writing this but if I read reviews like this before, I would never have booked with them. my husband I were due to go on our honeymoon but due to COVID, it got cancelled. We called Southall travel for an update on the situation and they kept forcing a credit voucher down our throat. Purab (the agent I was dealing with) clearly told me that this is all I was allowed. I called up EMIRATES and they confirmed with me that this was not true and I was ELIGIBLE for a FULL REFUND. 16 calls later, combined with Southall travel and emirates, Southall travel did not want to come forth or help and kept telling me that EMIRATES has not told them that is the case, I had to go to HEATHROW AIRPORT myself to get it in writing that EMIRATES are giving full refunds. Southall still denied. I had no other option but to get my £6k back and called my bank to start a Dispute. I also put a review on here 4 months ago explaining how appalled I was with the service. I immediately got a call from the "DUTY MANAGER" who's name is RUCHIKA. Ruchika called me to tell me that she was very unhappy I recieved this service and that SHE was going to take this CASE upon herself and promised me my refund. Due to them constantly lying and misleading me, I asked to get it in writing, which she sent over. she told me my money would take 3 weeks to come due to COVID. I patiently waited. 5 weeks later, not a penny in my account and no communication. I called up to find out what as going on and she told me I could only get a refund if I closed the case with BARCLAYS. I told her I already did that and she said no it isnt closed up to their standards. my issue here is, if that was the case, why could you not have told me immediately. why did I have to contact 5 weeks later to find out that was the issue. RUCHIKA and PURAB both told me also to take my review of as they will handle the situation and assured me there is nothing to worry about. in TRUST of RUCHIKA, I did and deleted it and called BARCLAYS to cancel the case. this was extremely stressful and took over 2 months due to Southall not co operating so Barclays had to take it further. As soon as Barclays called me to CONFIRM the case is closed and also sent it to me in writing, I emailed ruchika 8 times and called her more than 15 times, in ONE WEEK. I did not hear no reply. I was shocked because surely the DUTY MANAGER was not playing games aswell after making a promise. I had no other choice but to call PURAB again to find out where ruchika is and why I haven't been refunded. He told me very cockily that people who didn't start a dispute have got their refunds and people like me who opened a dispute is taking longer as its turned into an "argument". firstly, you should know customer service. I am not your friend for you to talk to me in that manner. and by the looks of the reviews, Im pretty sure he is lying. anyways I told him to cut that talk and asked where my refund is and ruchika. he told me that the accounts team SAMEER told him that the case open and they can't refund me until its closed. I told him that is not AT ALL POSSIBLE as I have proof infront of me of Barclays closing the case. he hesitated and told me to send it over and that he would get back to me if it was "SUFFICIENT" enough. at this point my blood was boiling because I was told to do this by them so how could it not be sufficient. I told him it WAS SUFFICIENT and that I did not want to hear anything else but for him to tell me my money was being refunded. when I asked where RUCHIKA was, I was told, oh erm I think she's on leave. I left it and waited for his call. 3 days later, as per usual, no one got back to me, so I called PURAB once again to find out that SAMEER told him that my money cannot be refunded as the case is with VISA. I was SICK of hearing this as BARCLAYS CLOSED the case with visa and now they even have PROOF and they are still holding on to the same storyline that they have been doing for 4 months. I got extremely annoyed at PURAB and asked for RUCHIKA. His excuse was I think she's on leave, and when I asked again, he said oh she's moved to the above floor so I don't see her. pathetic excuse in my opinion for RUCHIKA who does not know how to handle responsibility or do her Job role properly. due to being sick and tired of hearing their lies, I clearly told PURAB that he has 24 hours to tell ruchika or someone to get back to me or I have no choice but to take this further. of course as you can imagine- NO ONE got back to me. they DO NOT care about your holiday or booking. they ONLY care about taking your money. I am in talks with watchdog and BBC as all I wanted from SOUTHALL - PURAB , RUCHIKA AND SAMEER, WAS MY RIGHT which was MY REFUND, unfortunately what they don't realise is they have given me proof of refund in writing so I guess I'm taking it where it didn't need to go due to lack of communication and lies. thank you Southall
    29.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amina
    Your post would be much easier to read if you used paragraphs.

I read the first 3 lines then gave up.