New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: Stay up to date with the latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
Stay updated with our guides: Coronavirus Help & Your Rights * Coronavirus Travel Rights
NEWSFLASH 27/03
MARTINS VIDEO FOR SELF-EMPLOYED * DELAY HOUSE MOVES * EUROSTAR UPDATE

Winter holiday travel insurance

3 replies 472 views
NormalforNorfolkNormalforNorfolk Forumite
15 posts
Eighth Anniversary 10 Posts Combo Breaker
My husband and I are visiting friends in a ski resort next year. I won’t be doing any skiing, snowboard etc but he wants to have a go. Should we buy separate individual travel insurance cover with his including winter sports cover and mine being a standard policy?

Replies

• leylandsunaddictleylandsunaddict Forumite
    1.9K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    With a lot of policies it's an optional add on, so you can just add it for the one person.
  • GangaGanga Forumite
    2.1K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    My husband and I are visiting friends in a ski resort next year. I won’t be doing any skiing, snowboard etc but he wants to have a go. Should we buy separate individual travel insurance cover with his including winter sports cover and mine being a standard policy?

Would you still be covered if you slipped on the ice when you were watching the other half skiing?:rotfl:
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
  • jimbo6977jimbo6977 Forumite
    546 posts
    500 Posts Second Anniversary
    ✭✭
    More seriously, would YOU be covered for over-stay accommodation and re-arranged travel if your other half got hospitalised or refused permission to fly and you had to stay on and/or travel home by unanticipated means.