Forum Announcement

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Site Feedback
332 replies 53.2K views

Replies

• xylophonexylophone Forumite
    34.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just leave us with the green option - the blue/pink makes me feel bilious.
  • dontonedontone Forumite
    4.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it's broken at all. I think it works perfectly fine.

BUT, please listen to some of us when we say that we like the old style green skin.
    The blue and white is hard to read, and some of us suffer with bad headaches when we try and use it.

Please give us the option to change it back if need be.

Some of us have been using this forum for a long time, please consider your long time members when implementing these changes. Thanks.
    BEST EVER WINS WON IN ORDER (so far) = Sony Camcorder, 32" lcd telly, micro ipod hifi, Ipod Nano, Playstation 3, Andrex Jackpup, Holiday to USA, nintendo wii, Liverpool vs Everton tickets, £250 Reward Your thirst, £500 Pepsi, p&o rotterdam trip, perfume hamper, Dr Who stamp set, steam cleaner.

comping = nowt more thrillin' than winnin':T :j
  • MariscoMarisco Forumite
    42K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another vote for the green one :)
  • Vixxx666Vixxx666 Forumite
    495 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 100 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭
    I'd appreciate options to change the colours - some of us have difficulties with certain colours, for example. I struggle to read blue on white.

I currently use the old style forum.

Also, pleeeeaaase move the SPAM button away from the THANKS button!
    2013 - 86 | 2014 - 127 | 2015 - 39 | 2016 - 22 | 2017 - 10 | 2018 - 56 | 2019 - 16 wins | 2020 - 4 wins :p
  • mjm3346mjm3346 Forumite
    43.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use the green style as I find it much easier on the eyes.

I don't like the showing of the first post of a thread on every page of the thread - doesn't matter too much when the first post is just a short sentence or two but is ridiculous if it's a "war and peace" one.

Form usernames should be restricted in length or dealt with in some way so they do not cause other columns to bunch up.

• CornucopiaCornucopia Forumite
    15.3K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the Green format:

bN2Fuin.png

This is the Blue format:

IGs06cI.png
    Ex Board Guide
  • J_BJ_B Forumite
    4.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, there we go, everyone seems keen to try an 'upgrade' as they are obviously unhappy with how it is at the moment!

;);)
  • powerful_Roguepowerful_Rogue Forumite
    4.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    It may look like it's running fine, but the forum system MSE is using is very old and outdated. This is a version of Vbulletin 3.8 which is no longer in development and uses very out dated technology such as php 5.3 (at a guess). The current version is 7.3 which this software will never support. Changing systems will mean a quicker, more secure and upgradeable experience going forward.

I've seen many forums go from Vbulletin 3.8 to other system and be styled to look exactly the same, but have all the benefits.
  • tgroom57tgroom57 Forumite
    1.4K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to keep the green option and layout, too.

I'd like the search brought up to industry standard. Currently if I use the search string 06/10 -I get results for posts containing 06 and posts containing 10. Reported as 06,10 in the bar. Even when quotes are used (double or single) which is standard on every other search engine I use. Here / is treated as a delimiter.
    I want to be able to search for the 5 character string 06/10 without it being split into substrings.

If this isn't one of the improvements, then you're wasting your time.

• duncanthedogduncanthedog Forumite
    3.6K posts
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    If it is anything like the last major change (green to blue) then MSE will not listen to its forum members and just go ahead and do whatever they want to do and ignore ALL requests in spite of asking for members help.