Forum Home» Ebay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales

Buyer opens INR, but gave a wrong address

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Buyer opens INR, but gave a wrong address

2 replies 944 views
CuileanCuilean Forumite
727 posts
Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Car Insurance Carver! Cashback Cashier
✭✭
It's me and my buyers with problem addresses again ;)

I sent a low value item to a buyer on September 24th, and on October 3rd, got notification that the buyer had opened an INR. I apologised and sent a replacement using Signed For the next day. I can see that it was signed for yesterday. I do not alter buyer addresses in any way, so presumably I have seller protection.

This morning, the original order came back to me, with the Royal Mail "Addressee Unknown" sticker on it. I have sent the buyer a message to tell her this, but given that she's not acknowledged any of my previous messages, I'm not sure what sort of reply I'll get - if any.

As far as I can gather, I have done everything by the book. All postage was purchased through eBay, and I added the Signed For tracking number to the case, so eBay and the buyer will be able to see that whoever does reside at the address my buyer gave has received the replacement item. What happens next? The case is still open. Can the buyer escalate the case, even though something is clearly wrong with the address she has given?
© Cuilean 2005. Any connection between your reality and mine is purely coincidental.

Replies