edited 7 September 2017 at 2:15PM in Quick! Grabbit while you can
7.7K replies 3M views

Replies

• roddydogsroddydogs Forumite
    7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Doc_N wrote: »
    Really? At 8 for £1.99, with better battery life?

Ok, they are not twice the price, but they are 50% dearer, unless they are 50% , better they are dearer!
  • Doc_NDoc_N Forumite
    7.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    roddydogs wrote: »
    Ok, they are not twice the price, but they are 50% dearer, unless they are 50% , better they are dearer!

Buy whatever you like. Your choice of course.

You asked what Which? recommended and I told you. I also put you right on your interpretation of the date code to try to save you a wasted journey.

If you choose to think that 8 for £1.99 at Aldi for better batteries is 50% dearer than 4 for £1 at Poundland, good luck! :)
  • LouLouLouLou Forumite
    2.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's fine, I don't like calling people out, maybe this person just can't help themselves, but they are bordering on becoming a pest...so I thought I'd nip it in the bud.

Haven't seen any more of the Papermate 12 packs in other stores (will be out later, though), Trongate, Glasgow had more, in Blue this time, yesterday.

Though some packs were ripped wide open and pens strewn everywhere!38611298.jpg
  • mac.dmac.d Forumite
    1.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    LouLou wrote: »
    It's fine, I don't like calling people out, maybe this person just can't help themselves, but they are bordering on becoming a pest...so I thought I'd nip it in the bud.
    Doesn't matter how helpful you are, there will always be someone with a gripe!

I don't even shop in Poundland very often, but appreciate your posts and especially the pics. :D
  • edited 6 October 2019 at 8:22PM
    LouLouLouLou Forumite
    2.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 6 October 2019 at 8:22PM
    Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow:

e.l.f. Foundation Palette, Medium/Dark 12.4g, £1 (couldn't see any lighter shades)
    3305299.jpg
    e.l.f. Aqua-Infused Blush & Bronzer, Bronzed Violet, 8.5g, £1
    3305299.jpg
    e.l.f. Tone Correcting Powder, Cool, 13.5g, £1
    3305299.jpg
    e.l.f. Aqua-Infused Blush & Bronzer, Bronzed Peach, 8.5g, £1
    3305299.jpg
    Edit: Also Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow:

(think these have been in Poundland before)
    Velcro strips or large coins, £1
    7jtLSLk.jpg?1
    20" Flat Out Bike Inner Tube, £1
    Inner Tube Pre-Sealer "prevents punctures under 3mm", £1
    GQSFC69.jpg?1
    Kindred Soul Tangy Coconut Body Mist (Coconut, Lime, Bergamot, Ylang Ylang & Tonka) 200ml, £1
    a4fdIUZ.jpg?1
    Trongate, Glasgow:
    Vince The Very Nice Vampire by Rosie Brooks, £1
    l0Npudd.jpg?1
    More of those Kool 'N' Soothe Body Cool Gel 100g (Age 4+), £1
    (also in Sauchiehall Street)
    YHmix62.jpg?1
  • roddydogsroddydogs Forumite
    7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Doc_N wrote: »
    Buy whatever you like. Your choice of course.

You asked what Which? recommended and I told you. I also put you right on your interpretation of the date code to try to save you a wasted journey.

If you choose to think that 8 for £1.99 at Aldi for better batteries is 50% dearer than 4 for £1 at Poundland, good luck! :)

They are 6 for a pound when I last bought.
  • catswiththumbscatswiththumbs Forumite
    349 posts
    Seventh Anniversary 100 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    QUOTE by LouLou - I enjoy compiling posts on the Poundland and the OneBelow thread - (of course, threads are open for anyone to contribute) but a PM/comments again and again correcting me about amounts I may have got wrong via Google, or even my recent typo, are they really necessary?

This is an information thread, not a conversation or criticism thread - sometimes I make mistakes. I actually got a bit of a fright when I saw a PM waiting for me.

A mod can delete this if they wish.[/QUOTE]

Keep your comments coming - they alert me to potential bargains :)
  • monzmonz Forumite
    4K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Debt-free and Proud! Stoptober Survivor
    ✭✭✭✭
    LouLou wrote: »
    May be too late to chase it up, depending on how close you are to a store/whether you still have the packaging and receipt, but I find Poundland are great at resolving any issues with their products.

That's more a stock rotation/shelf filling staff issue, though.

Edit: Please note my edited comment on the previous page.

I enjoy compiling posts on the Poundland and the OneBelow thread - (of course, threads are open for anyone to contribute) but a PM/comments again and again correcting me about amounts I may have got wrong via Google, or even my recent typo, are they really necessary?

This is an information thread, not a conversation or criticism thread - sometimes I make mistakes. I actually got a bit of a fright when I saw a PM waiting for me.

A mod can delete this if they wish.

I love your posts as I work in High street so your eagle eyes spot it for me as they are down the road :D Keep up amazing work:T:T
    Debt (1/9/14) £6,702.11 Debt free (30/11/2016) :D car PCP - £4,149.75/£11,848.25 mortgage - £76,560 o/s currently - paid £10,684.50 (£319.84 overpayment)
  • SophySophy Forumite
    486 posts
    QUOTE by LouLou - I enjoy compiling posts on the Poundland and the OneBelow thread - (of course, threads are open for anyone to contribute) but a PM/comments again and again correcting me about amounts I may have got wrong via Google, or even my recent typo, are they really necessary?

A mod can delete this if they wish.

Keep your comments coming - they alert me to potential bargains :)[/QUOTE]

Yep, can only thank you for your posts, and ESPECIALLY the pictures - you've saved me a fortune at the garden centre, you find such interesting things.
  • KxMxKxMx Forumite
    8.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Penn State Pretzels (Sour cream & onion, plain) 175g bags.
    Seabrooks new sharing bags 150g, Salted and Cheese/Onion.