New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

internet to garden cabin

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
13 replies 1.2K views
2»

Replies

• brewerdavebrewerdave Forumite
    6.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've only got "basic" ADSL2 connection which gives ~ 16Mb download speeds - but I get that speed at the farthest powerline fed point as well as at the router:)

For the original poster - I'm using a pair of TP-Link AV600 Homeplugs for the router and PC, with an older AV200 plug feeding a TV box in a bedroom.I do have to reset the older homeplug every now and again.
  • matelodavematelodave Forumite
    5.9K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Never had to reset any of mine, but as we do get relatively frequent short power cuts, they probably get reset when they reconnect anyway
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • Question I have, slightly off topic, but i'm planning on doing something similar. When you setup the powerlines, do you give them all the same SSID name, or different ones?