New Post Advanced Search

Channel Drain Grate Bending?

2 replies 315 views
Frank99Frank99 Forumite
379 posts
100 Posts Second Anniversary Photogenic
✭✭
The grate on my recently installed channel drain is warping or bending in the hot sunshine!

I was told before getting this drain that it was a choice between the plastic grate or metal grate versions, i was told that the metal versions can rust over time so opted for the plastic.

The bend is only slight and where the hottest sun hits so not a huge issue but disappointing all the same.
I don't know if i could get a universal metal grate to replace it without taking the whole thing out or if anybody else has had issues of this nature.
Enjoy everyday like it's your last!

Replies

• EssexExileEssexExile Forumite
    4.5K posts
    1,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    And there's me with a metal grate wishing I'd gone with plastic as the holes are smaller & might stop the leaves getting in!
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
  • Frank99Frank99 Forumite
    379 posts
    100 Posts Second Anniversary Photogenic
    ✭✭
    EssexExile wrote: »
    And there's me with a metal grate wishing I'd gone with plastic as the holes are smaller & might stop the leaves getting in!

I suppose they both have downsides, the holes do seem smaller on the plastic but never thought about the leaves problem now autumn is coming.
    Enjoy everyday like it's your last!