Forum Home» The Money Savers Arms

Last thing you bought? - Page 594

New Post Advanced Search

Money Savers Arms

Last ooorders!… We’re sorry but for now, due to resources, we need to close the Money Savers Arms including Discussion Time.

It’s not easy to write this. We love the forum, but we also have a job to do to protect it, our users and MoneySavingExpert, and at the moment, with all our resources focused on Coronavirus information, and all the team at home, we don’t feel we have the resources to do a good enough job.

For four months, we’ve been struggling to cope with the huge volumes of messages we’ve been getting from Forumites – many of whom are in desperate and dire straits with their finances. The team have been working all hours to try and keep on top of it. At first we thought it’d be a short sharp spike, but it isn’t, it’s continuing, so we have had some difficult choices to make about prioritisation.

Unfortunately in, and likely because of, these stressful times, the Forum team have also been receiving an increasing number of complaints about posts made on the Money Savers Arms and Discussion Time. The team have done what they can to try and walk the tightrope of balancing all the various interests, but for now we need to draw a line under this and temporarily close this Board, so we can keep the key, MoneySaving boards – where people are supporting each other through this crisis - running smoothly.

We know this board is important to you, but as the MSE stance has been forbearance throughout this crisis, now we ask that of you. We’re sorry. Of course you can post on other boards, but we’d ask you to stick to the subjects of those boards, and not use them as a surrogate Money Savers Arms or Discussion Time. And as always please be kind and friendly to each other, especially any newbies.

Thanks
MSE Forum Team

Last thing you bought?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in The Money Savers Arms
6K replies 257K views

Replies

• klew356klew356 Forumite
    775 posts
    Fourth Anniversary 500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    A crustless quiche, a salad tray, a raisin yorkie (oops) and a navy jumper (Sainsburys)
  • colinwcolinw Forumite
    60K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Strawberries...two punnets for £1.50 :cool:
  • Afternoon tea gift for my mom!:T
  • ceredigionceredigion Forumite
    3.7K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Succumb to a lust.

20190930-175711.jpg
  • JackmydadJackmydad Forumite
    9.2K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    colinw wrote: »
    Well I am thinking of writing a book about the latest company purchase for me, going to call it "Of Mice and Keyboards"

What? They're getting rid of the corded ball mice?
    Those cordless laser mice are a very new innovation you know!
    No proven reliability. . .
    (I'm just imaging the conversation if I'd still been at my old place)
  • Mrs_RyanMrs_Ryan Forumite
    11.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve been to a student shopping night tonight :D bad move :D
    Return train ticket to Nottingham
    A polo shirt (for OH) and a water bottle (for my nephew) from Superdry
    A card for my friend from Clinton’s
    Underwear and pyjamas from Boux Avenue
    CD from HMV for OH for Christmas
    A top and a cardie from Roman Originals for me
    Hair clippers (for OH) a walking stick (mine broke the other day) a novelty bottle opener (for my nephew) a Jack Wills purse with nail varnish in (for my niece) a shoe shine kit (for OH) a gift card (for OH’s brother and sister in law) one of those gift experience things (for OH’s nephews) a razor, blades and shaving gel (for OH) razors (for me) baby wipes, mini shower gels for the gym for me, and finally 2 shower gels for OH. All from Boots. 20% off- I saved a hefty sum :D
    A Cornish pastie, a sandwich, crisps and a drink from the Co-op
    And I’ve just ordered a personalised beer glass and beer in a gift box for my nephew, some St Tropez fake tan and a pair of Spanx for me from Very and 2 pairs of leggings from Look Again :D
    Open University 2:1 Graduate 2017; MA graduate DMU 2019- MERIT!! Round 2 OU 2018- BSc Combined STEM (Sports Psychology) Year 1 PASS! E117 &DE100. Year 2- E235 and U214 .
    Civil Partnered 15/02/20
    #TheEllisGengeFanClub
    o:)Elle 20/02/2014 Dad 20/02/2020 Broken-hearted
  • suki1964suki1964 Forumite
    14.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hit Primark

2 jumpers

Pair of gym leggings

Pair of jeans

6 pairs of knickers

card full of earrings

Nightdress

Jeans and hoodie for Mr S

Then onto TK Maxx and a pair of boots and a hairdryer and a very nice handy first aid tin

Thing is though I had bought 6 pairs of knickers and the gym leggings once before in August , now they are too big for me and keep falling down :rotfl:
    if you lend someone £20 and never see that person again, it was probably worth it
  • TomokoAdhamiTomokoAdhami Forumite
    101 posts
    100 Posts First Anniversary
    I bought a fancy black jacket for my younger sister but as usual, she didn't bother to say thanks. However, I doing savings and willing to buy a squash racket for my boyfriend who is good at squash. In the beginning, I was willing to go with a $40 option but then my friend suggested me to buy a professional racket. That's why I am reading the professional squash rackets reviews from here and trying to go with the best option. Any suggestion would be welcomed.
  • coffeehoundcoffeehound Forumite
    3.9K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    ^ maybe best to ask your boyfriend as those sort of things are a very personal choice? Or worth a thread to itself anyway.

I bought a bulb that is like a flame. Not one of those tiny twinkling bulbs like a candle; more like a big flaming torch! It's awesome. I've put it in my dark windowless hall/stairwell giving a warm cosy orange glow.
  • nanto3girlsnanto3girls Forumite
    5.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    A magazine..........