New Post Advanced Search

Induction at Sainbury's questions

13 replies 829 views
Eternal1Eternal1 Forumite
66 posts
I got a job offer from Sainbury's and have my induction soon, the job says it's conditional on my references being satisfactory so on the induction day should I take my references printed out on a piece of paper to my induction? Or is this done another day by email or something?
«1

Replies

  • ndf9876ndf9876 Forumite
    301 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    Eternal1 wrote: »
    I got a job offer from Sainbury's and have my induction soon, the job says it's conditional on my references being satisfactory so on the induction day should I take my references printed out on a piece of paper to my induction? Or is this done another day by email or something?

    I can't speak to how this company operates as an employer, but typically this is all handled by your new employer's HR department and is not something you need to get involved in.

    Congratulations on the new position :money:
  • ndf9876 wrote: »
    I can't speak to how this company operates as an employer, but typically this is all handled by your new employer's HR department and is not something you need to get involved in.

    Congratulations on the new position :money:

    Thanks!

    At no point during my application process have I been asked for a CV or references though, up until the job offer email I got. So they don't even have my references to verify them.
  • ndf9876ndf9876 Forumite
    301 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    Eternal1 wrote: »
    Thanks!

    At no point during my application process have I been asked for a CV or references though, up until the job offer email I got. So they don't even have my references to verify them.

    I'm going to assume you completed an application form of some sort - no referees requested on there? Did you list any previous employers?
  • ndf9876 wrote: »
    I'm going to assume you completed an application form of some sort - no referees requested on there? Did you list any previous employers?

    Nope, I told the interviewer my work history but the application process doesn't include any mention of work history.
  • ndf9876ndf9876 Forumite
    301 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    Eternal1 wrote: »
    Nope, I told the interviewer my work history but the application process doesn't include any mention of work history.

    In which case, I would expect that unless you've been told specifically to bring references with you or obtain them yourself, this will be handled by them in due course. I definitely wouldn't worry about it - and I certainly wouldn't be concerning myself with having to provide it on Day 1 of your employment :)

    If you are worried about it - maybe you could contact the person who recruited you and just ask what the expectation is?
  • ndf9876 wrote: »
    In which case, I would expect that unless you've been told specifically to bring references with you or obtain them yourself, this will be handled by them in due course. I definitely wouldn't worry about it - and I certainly wouldn't be concerning myself with having to provide it on Day 1 of your employment :)

    If you are worried about it - maybe you could contact the person who recruited you and just ask what the expectation is?

    Yeah I'm probably over thinking it, just don't want to appear as a pillock on my first day by not bringing something I should.

    The whole process is done by computer now... I got selected by a computer, called to an interview by a computer, sent a job offer by a computer lol. The only human interaction I've had during the entire process was one 15 minute interview.

    I'm sure it will be fine :)
  • Normally it is all handled by HR and I should imagine you will be fine without bringing them to the induction.

    You will be fine, don't worry
  • MarkN88MarkN88 Forumite
    1.4K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the application form online asked you for your reference details ?
  • Also one other question, I think I was supposed to receive another email after I esigned my contract called "onboarding tasks"? I've not received that email yet, I'll wait until tomorrow and then ring them if I've still not got it, does it take a while to come through?
  • I worked for Sainsbury's for a while fairly recently; the on boarding email comes just before the induction from what I recall. The email for the induction tells you what to bring e.g., passport or other ID documents. Reference details are given during your application and HR will take those up (mine never were). No need to bring reference details to the induction.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support