New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Is my contract valid

22 replies 1.8K views
13»

Replies

• Yes at the bottom. The landlord just told all tenants by text they must be out by November 11 but we have no idea what to pay rent wise for the last few weeks as its not a full month.
  • G_MG_M Forumite
    52K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes at the bottom. The landlord just told all tenants by text they must be out by November 11 but we have no idea what to pay rent wise for the last few weeks as its not a full month.
    If you intend to leave as requested on the 11th, then pay rent pro rata. Calculate the daily rent (monthly rent / 30) and then pay for 11 days (asuming you pay on the 1st of the month).

If youplan to ignore the request and stay, then pay rent as normal.
    ** If I include a blue link in my post, click and read it before posting a follow-up question. The answer may be in the link! **