CCJ Removal By Consent

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Credit File & Ratings
38 replies 2.2K views

Replies

• jimbo26jimbo26 Forumite
    888 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Just to add my two-penneth. I successfully had my wife's CCJ removed in 1995. The CCJ was from a firm of solicitors. Long story but it came about as a result of a low period in her life, and before we were married.

I still have a copy of the letter I sent. Basically I wrote to them asking to remove it, and they did. I recall getting a small slip of paper but can't remember if I sent that to the court, or it was from the court (long time ago). The upshot was the CCJ was removed from her file.

The CCJ was fully paid before making the request.
  • xlnc99xlnc99 Forumite
    1K posts
    500 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info at Jimbo. I must admit ive never heard of a CCJ being removed just by asking the claimant to get it removed. I didnt even know that was possible.

What was the procedure for this? Do you know what they did? Did you fill in or sign any forms. 1995 is a long time ago so maybe the rules have changed. I am not sure
    888 posts
    ✭✭✭
    Too be honest it is a long time ago, and things may have changed. Things always seemed simpler back in the day.

I don't recall filling anything in, just literally sent the letter and a week or so later got this slip back. The more I think about it, I think this form was from the solicitors (claimant), and I just sent it to the local County Court, and got a reply from the saying it had been removed.

The detail is a bit hazy as you can appreciate. One thing I do remember was it was easy and done quickly.
    888 posts
    ✭✭✭
    Just reading the letter I sent again. The CCJ was in her maiden name so must have been issued prior to 1992. The CCJ was paid in full in July 1994. I asked the claimant in April 1995 to have it removed by consent.
  • xlnc99xlnc99 Forumite
    1K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info. It seems like it could be the same as what i am doing which is removal by consent. Unfortunately its alot harder these days then it was back then so its not guaranteed i will have it removed even though both parties have consented. Well done for your removal though. Hoping more people get theirs removed by this method
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 posts
    MoneySaving Newbie
    xlnc99 wrote: »
    Hoping more people get theirs removed by this method

Why?
    Especially if they are justified being there in the first place?
  • xlnc99xlnc99 Forumite
    1K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Because i have a good heart and want the best for people. I am not bitter or hold resentment towards anymore.

Everyone has financial difficulties and may have had problems or issues in the past. 6 years is to excessive of a punishment for their mistakes. People serve less in Jail for a serious crime! Everyone deserves a chance to make things better and a CCJ removal helps
  • Willing2LearnWilling2Learn Forumite
    6.3K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    xlnc99 wrote: »
    ... 6 years is to excessive of a punishment for their mistakes. People serve less in Jail for a serious crime! Everyone deserves a chance to make things better and a CCJ removal helps
    It is not a punishment. The CCJ is recorded to let lenders know that the borrower is a higher risk customer. It helps lenders to target their products accordingly.
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 posts
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Unfortunately that's not the way the world works.

Why is everyone these days so set on a compensation culture with no future ramifications??
  • xlnc99xlnc99 Forumite
    1K posts
    ✭✭✭
    in reality its a form of a punishment. Either way 6 years is too excessive. It should be no more then 3 years. As mentioned before everyone has different circumstances and situations leading up the a CCJ.

That is why the world is a messed up place!
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support