Forum Home» Energy» LPG, Heating Oil, Solid & Other Fuels

Solarimmersion settings - help please.

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Solarimmersion settings - help please.

1 reply 1.2K views
SolarjunkieSolarjunkie Forumite
370 posts
Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
✭✭
We have had our diverter for 3 or 4 years and we've been delighted with it. It gives constant hot water during the summer, which is still a novelty as previously we have had to light the stove every other day, we're entirely wood heated.
The secondary load has been used for a storage heater until recently, but now despite pressing "factory reset" and choosing the time it is on load 2, only "load 1" is powered. The panel reads "load 2" from time to time, but checking with a lamp shows all spare power from our solar panels is going to load 1.

Looking at the advanced instructions, you can set auto-boost or override, but nothing tells you what these actually do!

If anyone can tell me how I can get power to 2 loads again, plus if either of the other settings do anything useful, I'd be most grateful.
Deal with things as they are, not as they should be.

Replies

• Mister_GMister_G Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    We have had our diverter for 3 or 4 years and we've been delighted with it. It gives constant hot water during the summer, which is still a novelty as previously we have had to light the stove every other day, we're entirely wood heated.
    The secondary load has been used for a storage heater until recently, but now despite pressing "factory reset" and choosing the time it is on load 2, only "load 1" is powered. The panel reads "load 2" from time to time, but checking with a lamp shows all spare power from our solar panels is going to load 1.

Looking at the advanced instructions, you can set auto-boost or override, but nothing tells you what these actually do!

If anyone can tell me how I can get power to 2 loads again, plus if either of the other settings do anything useful, I'd be most grateful.

Have you tried here

https://solarimmersion.co.uk/solarimmersion-support/downloads/

This covers versions 3 & 4.

Don't know about the earlier versions, but I'm sure they would help if necessary.