It's arrived!

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Disability Money Matters
33 replies 4.9K views

Replies

• _shel_shel Forumite
    3.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think it's about finding those who may need help with the application process. So if they say yes, if they've not got an appointee, the DWP should offer help.
    Don't Buy The S*n
  • poppy12345poppy12345 Forumite
    9.6K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    venison wrote: »
    A week after my assessment i got a text saying the dwp had received the assessment so I phoned and asked them for a copy (PA4) was told that it would take about 2 weeks, so when it comes I should have an idea of the award, so i will get a little more time to prepare for an MR if required. Fingers crossed x x
    You should receive it within a few days, if they sent it when you requested. Good luck and let us know what those recommendations are.
  • kingfisherbluekingfisherblue Forumite
    9.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭
    _shel wrote: »
    I think it's about finding those who may need help with the application process. So if they say yes, if they've not got an appointee, the DWP should offer help.

Thank you. It's slightly odd, then, as I had made the phone call as my son's appointee, and they had checked the details before proceeding with the call. I suppose that it is standard script though.
  • venisonvenison Forumite
    4.8K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    You should receive it within a few days, if they sent it when you requested. Good luck and let us know what those recommendations are.

Will do.....
    Boycott the right wing press !
    9.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    ANOTHER UPDATE:
    My son's forms didn't arrive, so I had to ring to ask about them. There was a problem with my name - one document had my first name and surname, but when I made the initial phone call, I was asked for my full name, which includes two middle names. It caused a delay in the forms being sent out. The four week time limit started the day that the forms were sent.

My son has had an increase in some of his problems connected with his conditions, so life has been even busier, especially as he is off for ten weeks over the summer period. Both he and my mum have had lots of appointments. I rang the DWP to request a two week extension, which was granted. I was also told that I could apply for another extension, but it would be a decision maker who would have to give the ok for that. I didn't really want any more time, and the date to be in was 18th August.

I completed the forms, added in examples, and included the evidence that I had. I noted that I am still waiting for the updated EHCP, but will forward it as soon as it has been completed. I also noted the worsening of my son's conditions and the fact that some of his medications are being increased or changed until the right combination is found. New meds have triggered bowel incontinence, although I am hoping that this will be resolved after seeing a new consultant next month. Obviously I am aware that this does not meet the timescales for PIP, but I considered it worth mentioning, espeially as my son was incontinent until the age of 16 (he was born with a rare bowel condition).

I sent the forms, signed for, last Wednesday. Tracking showed that they were received on Thursday. I have had a phone call today from the assessor. In the eleven minute call, I was asked whether my son had attended special school, whether I am his sole carer, and whether he requires full time care. There were also a few questions based on dressing, physio and walking, washing above the waist, and his current incontinence. Te assessor felt that I should ask for continence pads, but I explained that I am hoping it is a short term problem, and therefore hopefully will not need them.

The phone call lasted eleven minutes. I was then told that my son will not need a face to face assessment, as the assessor has enough information to write his report. I now have to wait to hear from them. I'll ring in a few days for a copy of the report, although I know that the decision will take longer.

A friend had a forty minute phone call, in far more depth, last year. Her son was awarded enhanced on both components for an ongoing period. I don't know anyone else in real life who has not had to attend a face to face.

Now, it's just a waiting game. I am hopeful that my son will continue to receive higher awards on both components, and will post the outcome when I receive a decision.

Thank you everyone for your ongoing support.

KFB x
  • beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    72.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope that you get a good result soon :)
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **
    MFW. 9 months to go. B)
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    9.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm still waiting for the decision letter, but the report indicates thirty points for daily living and 22 for mobility.
  • beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    72.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still waiting for the decision letter, but the report indicates thirty points for daily living and 22 for mobility.

Hopefully they will go with that :)
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **
    MFW. 9 months to go. B)
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
  • venisonvenison Forumite
    4.8K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    beanielou wrote: »
    Hopefully they will go with that :)

they usually do
    Boycott the right wing press !
    9.2K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    DECISION RECEIVED
    The DM went with the report, so my son has been awarded enhanced daily living and enhanced mobility, for ten years :)