Forum Home» Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning

Problem with Lastminute.com - Page 2

New Post Advanced Search

Problem with Lastminute.com

21 replies 2.5K views

Replies

• PollycatPollycat Forumite
    29K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Savvy Shopper!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Westin wrote: »
    I very much doubt that Lastminute sold anything but a non refundable ticket. They will be selling the cheapest option as that is what their customers are searching for.
    I doubt it too.

And that's what AnnS52 needs to check and understand.
  • Voyager2002Voyager2002 Forumite
    13.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AnnS52 wrote: »
    Within 30 minutes of making the original booking, which should have been for two people, I rang and spoke to customer service who said I would receive a full refund within 7 days.

It is a good idea to decide whether or not you want to travel BEFORE you book and pay, rather than changing your mind within 30 minutes. Or was this a website problem?

The last time I used Lastminute, when I reached the final payment page I found that the travel dates had changed. Fortunately I noticed this BEFORE making the payment and so could correct matters, but if you are the victim of a glitch such as this you might get on better by asking them to take responsibility for their website.
  • koalakoalakoalakoala Forumite
    254 posts
    100 Posts Second Anniversary
    ✭✭
    We booked a hotel through them and they left us stranded in Norway with no hotel booked!
  • PollycatPollycat Forumite
    29K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Savvy Shopper!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    koalakoala wrote: »
    We booked a hotel through them and they left us stranded in Norway with no hotel booked!

Perhaps you'd like to share more details...such as:
    Did they resolve the issue?
    How?
    Did you get a refund?
    etc etc
  • koalakoalakoalakoala Forumite
    254 posts
    100 Posts Second Anniversary
    ✭✭
    No they did not resolve the issue. It was a weekend and we could not get through to anyone.
    We had to find another hotel and the credit card company refunded us the original cost.
    We called when we got home but they offered no reason, or apology.
  • z1az1a Forumite
    2.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe they'll confirm at the last minute!
  • Blue264Blue264 Forumite
    1.6K posts
    koalakoala wrote: »
    They did the same to us last September with a hotel booking for Cyprus.

We were notified by email that the hotel we'd booked a week previously wasn't available. The main problem was that we were literally in the queue boarding our flight when the email arrived. I managed to get through to them on the phone and they offered another hotel. Our original booking was a beach front hotel and the substitute was on the main road facing a building site. I declined the substitute and told them to have another 3 hotel offers ready for when we landed in Larnaca. I think they panicked a bit because they heard the pilot's announcement to turn all phones off.

When we landed in Cyprus, they'd offered a beach front hotel of the same class and upgraded us to an executive room. Still wasn't as pretty as the original hotel we'd chosen, but these things happen.
  • t8769t8769 Forumite
    227 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    NEVER NEVER NEVER use lastminute.com
    Whatever money you think you're going to save, it is not worth it.
    Customers Service is virtually non-existent. 
    If there is a problem, you are on your own. They do not answer the phone, there is no email, no online chat. Nothing

There is a premium rate line that's 20p per minute but it takes 10 minutes to get anywhere. 
    Here is your warning - hear it well!

• CankitsCankits Forumite
    2 posts
    First Anniversary First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Has anyone had any success in getting a refund from lastminute. Com? I booked and paid for a holiday leaving 29th March  that was cancelled due to Covid19 shutdown about a week before departure. 
    I purchased their assistance package that promises settlement of any cancellation within 3 days... What a load of codswallop that is!! 
    Since then just a message on my booking page that says cancellation is in progress. Trying to contact them has been a nightmare, no contact page, no email address that gets a reply, no online chat... I eventually got through to customer services that were completely useless and didn't help at all. I got fobbed off time and again with "we'll email you" (more codswallop)

• edited 10 April at 11:29AM
    xenialxenial Forumite
    14 posts
    10 Posts Name Dropper
    MoneySaving Newbie
    edited 10 April at 11:29AM