Cheap hairdresser Cardiff?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Wales
4 replies 4.8K views
starrybeestarrybee Forumite
1.9K posts
Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Wales
Had a look and the most recent thread for this was 2013 so looking for some more up to date recommendations!

As the title suggests, looking for a decent hairdresser in Cardiff that doesn't cost an arm and a leg. Trying to avoid paying more than £30 if I can help it :)

Replies

• DobbibillDobbibill Forumite, Board Guide
    3.9K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you considered colleges?
    The students are generally well supervised.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Energy, Student Money Saving, UK Armed Forces and
    Local Money Saving - Wales boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to [email protected]. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

It's not about being the best -
    It's about being better than you were yesterday.
  • no1catmanno1catman Forumite
    3K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's one in st Mary Street that charges - I think it's gone up to £12.00 now (was £11), that's for male & females. It's between 'Howells' and the Tesco Express. There's no appointments, you just turn up see them at the desk and wait - last time there was four before me!
    But it's good value for wash (including head massage) and cut.
    HTHs.
    I used to work for Tesco - now retired - speciality Clubcard
  • luxor4tluxor4t Forumite
    11.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cellys - a national chain - charges £12 for a wash and cut, and blowdrying would be another £12. (They have a unit price system).

No appointments so you can sometimes walk in and be seen straight awah, or - as usually happens to me - you have to wait ....

Open 7 days a week.
    I can cook and sew, make flowers grow.
  • Cellys is not a national chain. I just wasted 5 minutes looking it up.