GDPR & Direct Marketing

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Credit File & Ratings
4 replies 411 views
nic_cnic_c Forumite
2.6K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Credit File & Ratings
I seem to be getting more unwanted post for subprime cards/loans so have started sending section 21 notices to stop direct marketing, which is working but typical responses back include
We can confirm your information was obtained from Experian, who share their data with a number of companies for postal direct marketing purposes.
So have tried sending one off to experian, lets see if that works.

Anyone else tried to get CRA to stop passing on info for marketing purposes with any success?

Replies

• Willing2LearnWilling2Learn Forumite
    6.3K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    The link below might be useful if you want to opt out of marketing. It came up on a google search...
    https://www.experian.co.uk/privacy/consumer-information-portal/data-rights/
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • BoGoFBoGoF Forumite
    6.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    To be honest I think the majority are

a) not that bothered about junk mail
    b) if they are bothered would not go to the effort of contacting a CRA.

There are that many sources and people tick boxes accepting t and c's all over the place without realising they are giving consent to share.

Are you on the 'open' electoral roll?
  • edited 31 August 2019 at 7:34PM
    nic_cnic_c Forumite
    2.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 31 August 2019 at 7:34PM
    I'm on the edited roll, have been whilst at this address. I used to get vanquis etc applications at my old address and it seems I'm now getting them at this.

I used to simply bin the stuff, now I've decided to request I don't get the marketing.

Thanks for the link, gone through it and jumped through the hoops they put in your way, guess they hope people won't persist.

I agree most people probably won't bother about junk mail or be bothered but not go as far as seeking to get it stopped.
  • Fiona_CWFiona_CW Forumite
    127 Posts
    Second Anniversary
    I get lots of them - as they usually have a company name on them they go straight into the recycling bin
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST NEWS AND GUIDES

Balance transfer credit cards

Shift existing card debt to 0% interest for up to 31 months

MSE Guides