14 replies 794 views
2»

Replies

• boo_starboo_star Forumite
    3.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Browny0099 wrote: »
    I'm surprised as well, it was a very dark period in my life so I really can't recall much of it. I just wanted to know if it should have been defaulted. Not that it makes a difference, they didn't really sound very interested in changing anything when speaking to them today

You can make that argument. Although odd you do seem to be in the right, it should have defaulted rather than being reported as late payments or an arrangement.
  • Willing2LearnWilling2Learn Forumite
    6.3K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    @OP, when you contact nPower, I suggest you do so in writing. Use the thread linked below to guide you on the way you should word your letter.

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5598629
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • Thank you for the advice, it's much appreciated. Going to get a letter sent of today. I'll keep you updated on what they say
  • Just thought I'd drop an update on here

I spoke to N-powers customer relations department today. I must have been told incorrect information yesterday when speaking to them because today they said last payment received was August 2014 and the payment plan was set up in February 2015 not June 2015 as stated yesterday, so the account was exactly 6 months late.

I think she thought I was bonkers asking her to default the account, they feel they have reported all information correctly to credit ratings agency and it's not there company policy to amend accounts reported correctly. She's referred my complaint to be reviewed but I shouldn't hold my breath for the outcome I'm looking for.

Im just amazed that if I didn't pay this I'd be in a better situation right now, it's just so backwards. I was 21 years old when this happened, I'm gonna be in my early 30s by the time my credit files back to normal. I guess I'm just alittle bitter about it and feel it's unfair.

Should I still write to the CEO?
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Virgin Media & O2 launch Volt

Aims to boost mobile data & broadband speeds

MSE News

Cheap pet insurance

Top comparisons & hot deals

MSE Guides