Thinking of moving to Vodafone.

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
26 replies 2K views

Replies

• Qasim99 wrote: »
    Which netgear router did you buy?

Netgear Nighthawk X6 R8000
  • spadoosh wrote: »
    See id say having to buy an additional router because theres was woefully inadequate and having to alter DNS settings because they for some reason are unable to do this are quite big issues.

I'd say any 'free' router you get including Vodafone would be fine for a standard house hold with minimal devices, however with all my devices I wanted something a bit more beefy.

All ISP's use their own DNS servers, there are loads of articles about why you should always change your ISP's one to something like google which is the largest public DNS service in the world and handles 400billion request a day, and likely to be alot lot faster.

Takes 2mins to do, so why wouldnt you?
  • Qasim99Qasim99 Forumite
    70 Posts
    £149.99 bit expensive.
  • edited 27 August 2019 at 5:11PM
    tawse57tawse57 Forumite
    551 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    edited 27 August 2019 at 5:11PM
    mnbvcxz wrote: »

The moneysaving expert webpage is showing how to get adsl on plus.net for £10.65 a month for twelve months which is cheap.

EDIT - PLEASE IGNORE. Found it.

I cannot find this on here - do you have a link at all please?

EDIT - PLEASE IGNORE. Found it.
    This is not financial nor legal nor property advice. Consult a paid professional if in doubt.
  • edited 27 August 2019 at 6:27PM
    AndyPKAndyPK Forumite
    4.2K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 27 August 2019 at 6:27PM
    Also definitely change the DNS settings to google, the Vodafone ones are not good especially if you watch things like YouTube,

Please tell me more. How do I do this?

I would also be interested to know what settings/ login username the router needs to be set to. I bet I'm going to be out when the vodafone router arrives
  • Going to stay with TalkTalk they offered £19 for 67mb, anytime calls and no proce increase. Wife uses the landline so would`ve had to pay more for it with Vodafone
  • AndyPK wrote: »
    Please tell me more. How do I do this?

I would also be interested to know what settings/ login username the router needs to be set to. I bet I'm going to be out when the vodafone router arrives

if you type this in to google;

vodafone router page+dns

The first result is a link to the Vodafone support page

(Where are the DNS and Dynamic DNS settings in my Vodafone Home ...
    )

Has a pdf guide on there,

Set primary to 8.8.8.8
    secondary to 8.8.4.4

which is the google one,
  • AnthornAnthorn Forumite
    4.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Signing up to Vodafone Broadband at the moment. But it's a nightmare caused mainly by their database of postcodes having an incomplete address for my postcode. That has resulted in them having an address which is completely different to my address and they are attempting to install broadband at that wrong address.

Overall I cannot get them to understand what is happening and change the address on the order after repeated attempts. So today when Vodafone can get their system up and running if it ever does I intend to cancel

As I said, a nightmare.
  • AndyPKAndyPK Forumite
    4.2K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well are you sure that is a vodafone problem? I would think the database is maintained by openreach.
    Have you used other suppliers?

If its working, is it really worth cancelling ?
  • AnthornAnthorn Forumite
    4.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    AndyPK wrote: »
    Well are you sure that is a vodafone problem? I would think the database is maintained by openreach.
    Have you used other suppliers?

If its working, is it really worth cancelling ?

Thanks for your comment.

Plusnet gave me a very good deal on fibre extra to stay. I want the faster fibre extra due to 2K downloading which is only £2 more than Vodafone.

Vodafone broadband and phone order is cancelled now. It does appear to me that it's curious that such a simple error is impossible to fix. Quite amazing really.
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST MSE NEWS AND GUIDES

Cut overdraft charges

10 tips to pay less for your overdraft + how to pay it off

MSE Guides

FREE tennis coaching

Find your nearest session and pre-book your place online

MSE Deals