Forum Home» Budgeting & Bank Accounts

Revolut - direct transfer to bank accounts possible?

New Post Advanced Search

Revolut - direct transfer to bank accounts possible?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Budgeting & Bank Accounts
14 replies 1.1K views
vic09vic09 Forumite
20 posts
10 Posts First Anniversary
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Budgeting & Bank Accounts
Hello all, I'm looking to open a revolut account. I know it's a bit different from regular bank accounts so I wanted to confirm if it's possible to pay from a revolut account into another bank account. For example, can I pay my rent directly to my landlord's account?

Replies

• eDickyeDicky Forumite
    5.3K posts
    1,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes you can. But unless your rent is to be paid in a currency other than GBP, it would be simpler to transfer directly from your regular bank account.
    Evolution, not revolution
  • Ken68Ken68 Forumite
    6.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Energy Saving Champion Home Insurance Hacker!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Google shows a BBC report on Revolut . Not good reading.
  • colstencolsten Forumite
    13.8K posts
    10,000 Posts Sixth Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vic09 wrote: »
    Hello all, I'm looking to open a revolut account. I know it's a bit different from regular bank accounts so I wanted to confirm if it's possible to pay from a revolut account into another bank account. For example, can I pay my rent directly to my landlord's account?
    It may not matter to you, but are you aware that Revolut has no FSCS protection?
  • vic09vic09 Forumite
    20 posts
    Ohhh I didn't know that. Wasn't planning on making it my main account but thanks for pointing it out
  • vic09vic09 Forumite
    20 posts
    I can't pay my landlord with my credit card, he only accepts bank transfers. So my plan is to fund the revolut with my credit card so that I can get some amex points out it, if that makes sense.
  • surreysaversurreysaver Forumite
    3.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    vic09 wrote: »
    I can't pay my landlord with my credit card, he only accepts bank transfers. So my plan is to fund the revolut with my credit card so that I can get some amex points out it, if that makes sense.
    That, I believe, would be treated as a cash transaction, so you will end up paying very high fees on your credit card. It would be no different to walking up to a cashpoint and withdrawing the money in cash with your credit card.
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?
  • PRAISETHESUNPRAISETHESUN Forumite
    1.5K posts
    1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    Most likely Amex will consider funding your Revolut account as a cash transaction, if they let you fund it at all. But that aside, there is nothing stopping you using Revolut to transfer to another bank account - it is after all a current account (just without FSCS protections).
  • Nick_CNick_C Forumite
    6.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Home Insurance Hacker!
    ✭✭✭✭
    You cannot load Revolut with an Amex card.

You can load Revolut with a Mastercard or Visa. I do it frequently. You can load and spend on the same day to minimise the risk of keeping funds with Revolut.

I suggest keeping transactions small initially. I have read that they do a serious review of your spending and income if you hit £25K in a year.

You can also draw £200 a month in cash.

I believe Tandem do not allow Revolut top ups. And I would avoid Tesco, as they reportedly treat (some or all) Curve transactions as cash.
  • colsten wrote: »
    It may not matter to you, but are you aware that Revolut has no FSCS protection?

That's a bit of a red herring though.

Revolut are required to keep all client funds in a segregated account so, worst case scenario, the funds are protected.
  • surreysaversurreysaver Forumite
    3.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    sillyhilly wrote: »
    That's a bit of a red herring though.

Revolut are required to keep all client funds in a segregated account so, worst case scenario, the funds are protected.

Assuming they've kept client funds in a segregated account
    I consider myself to be a male feminist. Is that allowed?