44 replies 4.4K views
1235»

Replies

• jamesdjamesd Forumite
    24K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DBdoobydoo wrote: »
    The COPE figure is irrelevant as it's a theoretical figure calculated to get the transition between the old pension with SERPS/S2P & the new single tier pension.
    It's irrelevant for the state pension but it has a bit of value as an estimate of how much of a DB scheme's payments are due to it and the employees being contracted out.
  • I've just re-checked my pension forecast after reading this thread. I am confused as it says I have credits for years when I was still at school - does anyone else have this and could it be a mistake?
  • nick74nick74 Forumite
    603 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    ✭✭
    I've just re-checked my pension forecast after reading this thread. I am confused as it says I have credits for years when I was still at school - does anyone else have this and could it be a mistake?

That is correct, students used to get NI credits for the tax years containing their 16th, 17th and 18th birthdays. It has stopped for students reaching that age now, but anyone who got these NI credits under the old rules retains them.
  • nick74 wrote: »
    That is correct, students used to get NI credits for the tax years containing their 16th, 17th and 18th birthdays. It has stopped for students reaching that age now, but anyone who got these NI credits under the old rules retains them.

Thanks, good to know it's not a mistake!