The Compers Inn (part 48)

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Game Over
3.1K replies 305.7K views

Replies

• leanfun30leanfun30 Forumite
    2.9K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sunny here too. Indie pleased you are back on Instagram. We just need a few wins. Still can’t believe how quickly the mag prize came.

DH and I managed to go out for dinner last night had a lovely meal. I had breaded Brie for starter. It was hot served with cranberries and a bit of salad, trout followed by cheesecake. All delicious.

DD1 has taken GS on an organised walking family holiday in the Yorkshire Dales this week. They are having a great time and weather has been good. A great idea for a single parent. He’s loving it. Yet if I said to him go for a walk it would be moan, moan but he’s doing five mile walk there.

Sheils Hope you have a good journey home.

Take care and be lucky.
  • sheils6sheils6 Forumite
    15.8K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks leanfun but not going home until tomorrow which is DHs birthday.
    Staying at Wigan tonight. Have done lots of walking on The Leeds and Liverpool canal today. Over 26;000 steps including walk along River Dee in Chester this morning. Legs feeling it now and have to head out to Frankie & Bennys for dinner shortly which is a 10min walk each way!
    Mar Wins :- £2 GfK Media

Best Win of 2019 - Forest Holiday :)
    2.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ho right day now. Happy birthday Sheila’s DH hope you have a good journey home and no rain. Sheils that was some walk yesterday. Hope you’re not stiff today.

Here unusually for bank holiday weekend we are by ourselves until Monday.
    It’s sunny now and forecast is it’s going to be really hot again. Just when I thought I’d tackle the garden.

Hope everyone has a good weekend whatever you are doing.
    2.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don’t believe it I’ve just won £5 on topcashback. This morning I found two paint pallets and just went in and found a third. My biggest win so far on this.
  • indieindie Forumite
    3.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning, well done on the win, nice end to the week.
    Hope your DH had a good birthday sheils,wow you have done a lot of steps.My legs would ache as well.
    Work was busy yesterday, but i have today off then on sunday and monday. I am 1-1 on monday so not too bad. Typical it's nice weather over the bank holiday as i am working,lol. I hope you all have a good weekend.
    2.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Afternoon. It’s so out outside here fortunately it’s cool in front room. Too hot to do anything.

Hope you might have aircon Indie. Been thinking of you. DH said it’s so much hotter upstairs.

Spoke too soon about us being by ourselves DS came home yesterday which was nice to see him. He’s gone to football this afternoon. I told him when he was coming to bring a hat. He brought a cricket had so hasn’t taken it to football.

We did eat dinner in the garden last night but I was bitten three times.still enjoyed being outside.

Hope everyone is enjoying the bank holiday, whatever you are doing.
  • sheils6sheils6 Forumite
    15.8K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Evening all,

DH had a lovely birthday thanks with lots of malt whisky, smellies and chocolate as presents. DD made us a lovely meal of steak in a creamy garlic sauce.
    Been really, really hot here. Got the beds changed in record time!
    We were at a Vintage Vehicle Rally down the town this morning which DH enjoyed. We haven't been to it for a few years as quite often heading off.

Well done on the Topcashback win leanfun. I have been doing the Quidco instant win but it is really difficult. Have won £2.80 though.

Hope work not too busy indie.

sheils x
    Mar Wins :- £2 GfK Media

Best Win of 2019 - Forest Holiday :)
  • indieindie Forumite
    3.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning, work was hot and busy yesterday, gave a few residents a shower and came out wetter than them with sweat,lol. I am doing 1-1 today so no rushing around only a shower/bath if she wants one.It's going to be another hottie today,so enjoy it whilst you can as it's set to change later in the week.Hope you all have a good day.
    2.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hot, hot, hot. Today was the hottest here so far or seemed to be to me.

Today I took DD1’s son up to meet one of her friends who had won tickets on instagram for Brainiac at the Garrick theatre. She said we had both entered. This was a children’s science show for children. The friend’s daughter and GS really enjoyed it. There were loads of big bangs so it was one of the few times I was pleased my hearing is going a bit. Once we were home it’s taken me ages to recover from the heat.

Looks as though it’s going to cool down in the next few days.

Indie thought of you working in this. Hope you enjoy your time off.

Take care everyone and good luck.
  • indieindie Forumite
    3.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Morning,yes it has been hot but think it's over now as a lot cooler here today and very overcast. The science show sounds great for kids and i am glad they enjoyed it. I know what you mean about bangs,lol. I have a few days off now so time to catch up with everything. I did all the washing yesterday and glad i did looking at the weather outside now.Hope you all have a lucky day.
This discussion has been closed.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support