New Post Advanced Search

TSB £75 with 2 Direct Debits

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Budgeting & Bank Accounts
7 replies 1.2K views
francismayfrancismay Forumite
70 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Budgeting & Bank Accounts
Hi,

1. For TSB Classic Plus Account, in order to get 3% AER on up to £1,500. I need to pay in minimum £500 per month, and register for paperless statement and paperless correspondece. Do I need to maintain my 2 active Direct Debits that I setup for the "Refer a Friend, £75" or Do I need to have 2 direct debit in my Classical Plus current account in order to get the 3% on my £1,500.

2. I am having TSB classical Plus and I introduce my housemate to join TSB using my referral link. In order to me and my friend both get £75, do I need to have 2 active direct debits in my account in order to get the £75 (provided that my friend had done all the requirement?)

I want to change my direct debits to Barclays Blue Rewards.

Replies

• beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    72K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **
    MFW. 9 months to go. B)
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
  • sherambersheramber Forumite
    8.5K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Your post is not very clear.
    Do you mean these two scenarios.

1 you were recommended as a friend so had to set up DDs to get the £75 along with the friend who recommended you

Now you want to know how long you have to keep the DDs on that account?

2 you now want to refer a friend to get £75 each

You do not need to have DDs set up to refer a friend and get the £75. Your friend has to have the DDs.
  • sheramber wrote: »
    Your post is not very clear.
    Do you mean these two scenarios.

1 you were recommended as a friend so had to set up DDs to get the £75 along with the friend who recommended you

Now you want to know how long you have to keep the DDs on that account?

2 you now want to refer a friend to get £75 each

You do not need to have DDs set up to refer a friend and get the £75. Your friend has to have the DDs.

Yes, correct. How long should I keep the DDs in my account? I already received my £75 when i join TSB using my friend referral.
  • PRAISETHESUNPRAISETHESUN Forumite
    1.6K posts
    1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    Once the referral bonus has been paid there is no need to retain the DDs on your account. You can move them away as desired.
  • stehoukstehouk Forumite
    404 posts
    100 Posts Second Anniversary
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know if this works the same as nationwide ? ie: i open an account without switching, i then recommend o/h who switches we both get £75, my wife then recommends me and i switch and both get £75 ?
  • YorkshireBoyYorkshireBoy Forumite
    31.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stehouk wrote: »
    Does anyone know if this works the same as nationwide ? ie: i open an account without switching, i then recommend o/h who switches we both get £75, my wife then recommends me and i switch and both get £75 ?
    There's been a link helpfully provided above in post #2, which asks the question "does this help?" I think it does. Maybe check it out and see if you agree?
  • PRAISETHESUNPRAISETHESUN Forumite
    1.6K posts
    1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    ✭✭✭
    stehouk wrote: »

As per the very helpful link above, no it does not work the same as Nationwide. The person being referred has to use the referral link to apply for and open a TSB account. The terms also clearly state that you cannot hold a TSB account at the time of being referred.