New Post Advanced Search

Get a grip !

edited 25 November 2018 at 8:52AM in How much have you saved?
2.1K replies 173.3K views

Replies

• edited 15 August 2019 at 11:31PM
    Skint_yet_AgainSkint_yet_Again Forumite
    4.4K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 15 August 2019 at 11:31PM
    Lovely weather today went for a walk with a friend along the coast 2 drinks in pub £5.20 and Indian on way home £6. Just over my £10 aim but was a lovely day and will be paid from my entertainment budget. Tomorrow I am meeting 2 other friends for lunch at a pub I have not been to before but they assure me the food is cheap so will aim for £10 again.

I couldn't find frames I liked on the 2 glasses for £17 deal. I need reading glasses and everyday distance glasses. I went up to £69 range and got one pair free (£25 in the sale) with the MSE code came to total of £37 with free delivery ! £37 is a bargain for 2 pairs with lenses and different prescriptions.
    0% credit card £1360 ~ paid in full
    0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full
    JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE :)
    Emergency fund £1000 now 51 and saving for retirement !
  • savingwannabesavingwannabe Forumite
    14.9K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hurrah for walking and meeting up with friends and cheap but good food. It poured with rain today let's hope it gets better.
    Trying to be frugal 18/31Jan; 15/29 Feb 26/31 March 23/30 April 18/31 May 20/300 Jun NSDs.
    Saving change in money box.
  • Skint_yet_AgainSkint_yet_Again Forumite
    4.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I spent more than expected but had a great time with friends today. I had fish & Chips & diet coke £8.49 then had treacle sponge & custard and cup of tea £5.20. Ah well it was my last day of my holiday from work ;) and the weather was cold and wet so stodgy comfort food was yummy !

I have paid £50 to my 0% credit card. That leaves me £67 till payday. I need Petrol £20 & approx 2 weeks food £20-£25 a week so should be on budget.
    14.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The food sounds amazing. Yum. I hope you have a good day.
    Trying to be frugal 18/31Jan; 15/29 Feb 26/31 March 23/30 April 18/31 May 20/300 Jun NSDs.
  • edited 18 August 2019 at 6:08AM
    Skint_yet_AgainSkint_yet_Again Forumite
    4.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 18 August 2019 at 6:08AM
    Saturday - The weather was dry with sunny spells and a nice cool breeze. 2 dog walks done morning and evening - 1 & 1/2 hours walking. Dropped bottles / jars at bottle bank.
    Shopping £13.79 milk bread etc for next week, back at work Monday after 2 weeks off. I went to morrisons as it's the nearest to me with plenty of parking. Also got some frozen chicken livers 89p which are lovely pan fried with sage from my garden. Will have them for Sunday lunch.
    1 load of washing line dried & put away. Dog room carpet, kitchen tiled floor & dog room sofas hoovered.
    Pizza & garlic bread from the Iceland shopping for tea.
    DS & his gf came in from work so left them to get their own dinner and look after dog & I collapsed on sofa in living room and caught up on some recorded TV

Sunday - it's dark this morning. Let dog out at 5am and fed her. She's now snoozing so after emptying the dishwasher I'm back in bed with a cup of tea. DS & gf will be up soon & off to work at 7am. I will have a few more hours sleep then walk the dog around 9am. My friend is coming to pick up some old paving slabs for a pond base and wants to walk puppy dog with me. She must be mad :rotfl: puppy dog is still crazy !! Lol.

Apart from that I need to cut the grass today if it stays dry & scrub the patio with disinfectant. I need to do some more shredding too. Today should be a NSD.
  • thrifty-hayleythrifty-hayley Forumite
    120 posts
    Sounds like a great weekend, glad you and puppy dog are well :) Hope it stays dry for you so you can tackle the grass! I'm having a tidying up kind of day but inside rather than outside.
    #84 Make £2020 in 2020 challenge
    Grocery Challenge January £0/£80
    14.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done on dog walking and on catching up with your friends. Im glad you had a good holiday. I hope you are refreshed and that you will have a good weekend and return to work week. After a massive down pour this morning it is now beautiful. I hope you are enjoying it.
    4.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was out walking the dog during that massive downpour :rotfl:
    Friend came and took 6 unwanted paving slabs. Had a coffee and chat.
    Had chicken livers in port with sage & garlic with spiralli pasta for lunch. Someone bought DS the port for Xmas about 3 years ago neither of us drink it but it's good for cooking, garlic from DF allotment, sage from my garden.
    Have just got back from second dog walk in the sun this time !
    2 loads of washing dried on line. Have been resting in between ready for work tomorrow.
    14.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That rain OMG the lodger was jogging in it!!!!! Dreadful. Your pasta sounds great and well done in getting rid of paving slabs. Im glad you got to see a friend and hope you had a good day. Well done on all of the walking. You are v fit. Im not. I will have to start walking everyday for work so hopefully that will help. Wishing you a good day at work tomorrow.
    4.4K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    First day back at work after 2 weeks off went ok today.
    I took yoghurt, banana, ham roll & plum tomatoes.

I've ordered a new pair of waterproof dog walking shoes as my old ones leak & squeak ! Mountain warehouse online with 10% off and free delivery £22.50.

Nice and sunny here if rather breezy. Just taking puppy dog out for a walk.