New Post Advanced Search

Passport renewal with name change

2 replies 661 views
sleepy-saversleepy-saver Forumite
16 posts
Xmas Saver!
Hi I need to apply for a new passport and change to my married name. Apparition can do this online but I need to send away marriage certificate. How does that work? Once I apply online do I get given a reference to send away with the documents? I’m also sending away for a new passport for child would that be the same process?


  • Excuse the typos on my phone - stupid autocorrect
  • edited 18 August 2019 at 6:39PM
    smudge56smudge56 Forumite
    419 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    edited 18 August 2019 at 6:39PM
    Excuse the typos on my phone - stupid autocorrect
    Do it online You will be given a reference number and an address to send your marriage certificate and old passport to. Remember to send them in a strong envelope like a jiffy envelope as Royal Mail has a habit of destroying flimsy envelopes and the contents are lost forever. You will get several texts keeping you up to date with your application. The child application is the same process. You may have to send them to different offices depending on which office they are allocated to do your application first then cross reference your application in the additional information section of your child’s application. You will need to send the child’s full birth certificate. The one with the parents details on it
Sign In or Register to comment.

Quick links

Essential Money | Who & Where are you? | Work & Benefits | Household and travel | Shopping & Freebies | About MSE | The MoneySavers Arms | Covid-19 & Coronavirus Support