New Post Advanced Search

Mag Daily prize not turned up?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Compers Chat Corner
6 replies 1.8K views
Dion91Dion91 Forumite
73 posts
Fifth Anniversary 10 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Compers Chat Corner
Has anyone else had a mag daily prize not turn up? I won a bamboo throw in May and it still hasn’t turned up I sent an email and they replied saying they will ask the company because they aren’t dealing with it anymore. They also gave me an email address so I could email as well I did that last week and haven’t heard anything.

Replies

• Bobble5366Bobble5366 Forumite
    634 posts
    500 Posts Fourth Anniversary
    ✭✭
    I should not worry, Mag Dailies are really reliable in fulfilling their prizes,
  • SurfermomSurfermom Forumite
    1.4K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts I won, I won, I won!
    ✭✭✭
    I've had to chase a few but they have always arrived eventually.

I've found that posting on the Mags FB page sometimes speeds things up if the company themselves are not responding.
  • carol2712carol2712 Forumite
    993 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts I won, I won, I won!
    ✭✭✭
    I have had a couple that have had to be followed up but never a problem in the long term they do tend to give you an email and ask to be copied in but the majority I have had have arrived without any problems, so don't let this one put you off.
    Dec, Arnice cream, Crisps, £100 voucher Jan. Candle, CD, body lotion. Feb, Hair mask, Disinfectant, CD, March Sweet Freedom bundle, £2000, DVD, April Wine, Power Washer May, Drawstring bag, Playing with Fire bundle June, DVD, Zoom Rangefinder, Bottle Johnnie Walker Black Label, Flack DVD
  • Dion91Dion91 Forumite
    73 posts
    Thanks guys I won almost every month last year with them starting in April and this is the first one I have had a problem with
  • Dion91Dion91 Forumite
    73 posts
    I still haven’t received this or had an email back, think I’m just going to have to let this one go
  • GHolmesAdminGHolmesAdmin Forumite
    164 posts
    100 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Make a complaint to the ASA or at least tell them you are going to do so in public on social media.

'Sadly, after * length of wait time* I’ve still not received my *prize*. Neither have I received any further response to my recent email. To avoid embarrassment I’ve now referred this to the Advertising Standards Authority for their advice and it will need to be sorted out directly with them.'

https://www.asa.org.uk/make-a-complaint.html