Forum Home» The Money Savers Arms

Elite: Is this table taken please? - Page 1075

New Post Advanced Search

Money Savers Arms

Last ooorders!… We’re sorry but for now, due to resources, we need to close the Money Savers Arms including Discussion Time.

It’s not easy to write this. We love the forum, but we also have a job to do to protect it, our users and MoneySavingExpert, and at the moment, with all our resources focused on Coronavirus information, and all the team at home, we don’t feel we have the resources to do a good enough job.

For four months, we’ve been struggling to cope with the huge volumes of messages we’ve been getting from Forumites – many of whom are in desperate and dire straits with their finances. The team have been working all hours to try and keep on top of it. At first we thought it’d be a short sharp spike, but it isn’t, it’s continuing, so we have had some difficult choices to make about prioritisation.

Unfortunately in, and likely because of, these stressful times, the Forum team have also been receiving an increasing number of complaints about posts made on the Money Savers Arms and Discussion Time. The team have done what they can to try and walk the tightrope of balancing all the various interests, but for now we need to draw a line under this and temporarily close this Board, so we can keep the key, MoneySaving boards – where people are supporting each other through this crisis - running smoothly.

We know this board is important to you, but as the MSE stance has been forbearance throughout this crisis, now we ask that of you. We’re sorry. Of course you can post on other boards, but we’d ask you to stick to the subjects of those boards, and not use them as a surrogate Money Savers Arms or Discussion Time. And as always please be kind and friendly to each other, especially any newbies.

Thanks
MSE Forum Team

Elite: Is this table taken please?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in The Money Savers Arms
15.3K replies 573.6K views

Replies

• Enterprise_1701CEnterprise_1701C Forumite
    23.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Mortgage-free Glee!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good morning all, grey here but not raining at the moment.

Behave yourself sleazy, don't get too carried away with the pain au chocolate!
    What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare
  • tweetstweets Forumite
    35.9K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Home Insurance Hacker!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good Morning :hello:

:coffee: is available

Today is haircut day :j:j:j
  • tweetstweets Forumite
    35.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sweeties was yesterday's smartest player! :j:j:j

20 players played

https://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=99008

Today's Topic (Wednesday): *** FunTrivia Mixed Bag (default)
  • Sarahdol75Sarahdol75 Forumite
    7.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good morning everyone.

Its my birthday today, off out for a meal tonight with 12 friends.

Its so cold and dark and wet out its like a winters day.
  • tweetstweets Forumite
    35.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sarahdol75 wrote: »
    Good morning everyone.

Happy Birthday Sarah :bdaycake:

Enjoy your meal :D

Awful here managed to stay dry went walkies then hairdressers and called in Asda but had to get taxi home because it was bouncing it down grr
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    MoneySaving Newbie
    tweets wrote: »

Enjoy your meal :D

Awful here managed to stay dry went walkies then hairdressers and called in Asda but had to get taxi home because it was bouncing it down grr

Good job it wasn't Friday ;)
  • tweetstweets Forumite
    35.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sleazy wrote: »
    Good job it wasn't Friday ;)

It was I would have been like a drowned rat and my bags waterlogged :rotfl::rotfl:
  • bubbsbubbs Forumite
    61.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Evening all :D
    Sealed pot challenge number 242 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j
    Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D
    ::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • edited 14 August 2019 at 8:27PM
    SavvybuyerSavvybuyer Forumite
    22.3K posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 14 August 2019 at 8:27PM
    :think:I don't know why one of the public authorities is issuing me a notice under section 1(3) when they should be issuing one under section 17(5):rotfl:. Anyway, I may explain why here later. I need to find again the original source material that made me contact them in the first place. The legal time limit will be breached by them in the meantime as they have given themselves either no time or maximum of one day to respond fully (after I have given them what they are after)*, as opposed to the time limit having been restarted from scratch had they sent the notice that I believe they should have sent. I don't know why they have waited until the last day of the original maximum time period before they have sent me what they have.

I'll reply once I have found again what I need, will then be waiting a month or more for their substantive response and after that I'll raise the issue of don't you think you ought to have sent me this instead of that?

People who have Asperger's often become self-taught experts in specific subjects that people may think are narrow (ah, but those subjects can change over time you see and that way make what we know potentially more wide-ranging). I am an expert:D.

Just be forewarned that, separately, I am on a Brexit tip again.

Following what Nancy Pelosi has said today, it seems to me the impossibility of forming a trade deal with the US and means that, whether the UK leaves without a deal, with a deal or remains a member of the EU, there won't be one. Therefore I don't see it happening as that covers all possible situations. Again I may explain more and/or repeat myself later:cool:.

*In fact, they haven't. The time limit will be expiring very soon as it will take me longer to find what I need to as the up to one day left to respond would only apply if what they have done is correct (which it is not).
  • edited 14 August 2019 at 8:02PM
    SavvybuyerSavvybuyer Forumite
    22.3K posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 14 August 2019 at 8:02PM
    Sarahdol75 wrote: »
    Good morning everyone.

Happy Birthday!:) I would just be at the meal myself already, rather than being at this thread and reading my posts. I hope you are enjoying your meal already as I write.:):T

EDIT: And your company with friends. Came as an afterthought for me because that sort of thing didn't strike me obviously:rotfl::rotfl: - it's straight in everyone else's minds but hits me about ten seconds late:rotfl:.