edited 27 February 2019 at 12:00PM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
183 replies 7.6K views

Replies

• KeithPKeithP Forumite
    21.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When is your Witness Statement due?

Your WS does seem to be exceedingly brief.

Have you got time to tear apart the claimant's witness statement - pointing out everything they have got wrong - and detailing all those errors in your WS?

You will see that those 40 pages will mainly be irrelevant copy and paste stuff. We have even seen them show tariff signs from car parks hundreds of miles away from the alleged parking incident.
  • jam1991jam1991 Forumite
    176 posts
    Third Anniversary 100 Posts
    Hearing is scheduled for the 3rd September, so I believe it is 14 days before then?

For the WS I was taking bargepole example linked from the newbie thread:
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74584727#post74584727

I'm really not sure what else I should be including, the WS and Skeleton arguement aspect has really confused me. I had intended to attach a copy of the valid ticket to my WS as my evidence.
    176 posts
    Some assistance on this today would be greatly appreciated.
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    85.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    jam1991 wrote: »
    Thank you, getting very stressed and worried now. I have only just managed to produce the witness statement today, never mind any sort of skeleton argument.
    No need to worry and no need for a skeleton argument, as the NEWBIES thread tells you. I do explain the difference and WS stage is dead easy!
    Received a 40 page document from the claimant in the post today.
    Normal, and that is your cue to tear it apart, as we always do, point out the holes in their evidence, in your WS!

You do realise the 40 pages are a template, seen before and pulled apart many times here in WS you can copy from? This is such an easy stage as you can copy our work!

To find them, search the forum for any rare SURNAME from the cases Excel cite in their own WS of drivel...I promise you will find we have countered their WS before on any VCS or Excel thread that's already ahead of you.

Search for a surname of a case they cite, go on...!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
    176 posts
    The Leaseholder witness statement shows:
    This authority is contained in a lease running from 10/10/2012 - 09/10/2017.

Am I correct in believing they therefore did not have the authority on the contravention date of: 30/07/2018?

Is this something I can highlight within my WS?
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    85.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Bingo! Those are EXACTLY the sort of holes in evidence to find and add to your WS, so keep using that fine tooth comb - and no being impressed by their template drivel paperwork, just because it's the width of a house brick.

Search the forum for a surname they cite, like Kumari or Vine, and read! You will find this WS already taken apart on several threads.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • nosferatu1001nosferatu1001 Forumite
    8.8K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Indeed, thats a very obvious issue to highlight!
    176 posts
    Thank you for all the help and advice. I have submitted the witness statement yesterday.
    Emailed to: [email protected]
    Posted to Excel Parking Services Ltd with proof of postage.

Is it best to submit the schedule of your costs closer to the hearing date? Or also 14 days beforehand to both claimant and the court?
  • edited 19 August 2019 at 12:21PM
    RedxRedx Forumite
    28.9K posts
    10,000 Posts Sixth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 19 August 2019 at 12:21PM
    Witness statements do not go to the CCBC, that is a government office

Your WS plus exhibits (evidence) plus your costs schedule should all go to your local court, all at the same time , preferably handed in, in person

Plus emailed to the claimant and their legal advisors if used ie send to all parties involved

The CCBC won't have a clue why you have done this, as it's a government office and not a court, manned by civil servants

Read and digest the court letter sent by your local court that you nominated
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se
    176 posts
    Redx wrote: »
    Witness statements do not go to the CCBC, that is a government office

Your WS plus exhibits (evidence) plus your costs schedule should all go to your local court, all at the same time , preferably handed in, in person

Plus emailed to the claimant and their legal advisors if used ie send to all parties involved

The CCBC won't have a clue why you have done this, as it's a government office and not a court, manned by civil servants

Read and digest the court letter sent by your local court that you nominated

Thank you for the correction, the court letter stated items to be addressed to the 'Court Manager' at the footer of the page in the smallest of writing. I just assumed CCBC managed and attached all correspondence.

I visited the court today and submitted WS plus exhibits (evidence) and costs schedule.

Next questions include, how do I see if Excel decide to not attend?
    Is it wise to turn up to the hearing regardless in order to attempt to claim costs?

Thank you.