5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

edited 18 July 2017 at 11:40AM in Old Style MoneySaving
11K replies 747.8K views

Replies

• juliettetjuliettet Forumite
    722 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭
    A frustrating day Mhags. Put tea tree oil on Haggis's neck to ward off wasps, worked on our black lab.

My 5

Boss away for 2 days and lots of little annoying jobs done.

2 loads of washing on the line.

Meeting in Glasgow today. Somewhere nice for tea I think.

Meeting a new puppy that people across the road have rescued, I might steal him!

At last someone turned up for a small repair to outside guttering. Checked all joints and only charged me a small fee. No doubt the weather will test it soon.
  • Blackbeard_of_PerranporthBlackbeard_of_Perranporth Forumite
    7K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Was in the gym last nite and I did get weighed as well. Up to nows, BoP has lost Miss Adams in weight, but there is next weak to come, so! As BoP is already beach ready, we cannots has his belly button burst inn open can we?

Had grilled mushroom topped with cheese and served with roasted peppers last evening, and cocoa.
    One flat iron Mushroom, grilled in hot grill. Cook for six minutes. Grate some mature cheese, not lo fat that is a myth, chop up come peppers, onion and some tomato.
    Fry pepper and onion in pan.
    Put cheese and toms on flat mushroom and grill for two to three more mintes.
    Serve.
    Not available in Jimmy the Cook’s book?

Then watched some Telly. Kojak! Recipe for BoP Grilled Mushroom.

Raffles saw his new biscuits go into his box, and was a bit grumpy as to why he did no gets any. This morning he tried to get on window sill and missed, such an effort. Thinks he may be getting old. He is working on the yellow thing

Day 6. Call was good and things now inn plaice.

Nows whats inn BoP’s Lunch Box today?
    Big Cheese, toms, cucumber, peppers and onions. Then berries of rasp, blue and strawbs.
    He had mushrooms, best back and poached egg for brekfest.
    Tea is brewed chilli from Sundae.
    Proper foods and good for you!
    PM2DD
    Tinpot tonight, who cares?
    Theres, that’s bees your BoP news today.
    Don’t eat the fruit on the forbidden tree.
    Cardiac Arrest - Electrical - Patient unconscious! Heart Attack - Plumbing - Patient conscious!
    Defibrillators Cannot Cure a Heart Attack!
  • mhagstermhagster Forumite
    3.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hello.

Well my day was okay.

Work 9-12. My shift was fine. Then DD2 worked in afternoon and hers wasn't okay so she moaned about it all when she came in ...on and on! I think there's been a shift in staff dynamics since she's been off with her sore hips . Anyway...I walked to and from work and then had to drive later and pick her up .

Builder came. Done what needed in doing in 40 minutes! Like really? I've waited 10 months for this? Anyway its hopefully done. Hopefully window is sufficiently sealed. Won't know till we have heavy rain.

Had lasagne for tea and roasted veg( an RTC 20p tray from lidl) but I chucked some beetroots and little potatoes from my allotment.

Watched something on Netflix this afternoon.

Hoovered and tidied and pottered for a bit.

Met a friend who's just had a grandson about same time as great nephew was born. So she had a tub of baby milk powder that he's no longer on and handed it in for GN . It only had a couple of scoops out of it.

A couple of showers but dry now and put a washing out late for a bit of a blow.

Will try the tea tree oil on Haggis. Dog is now terrified.

DD will you look for another lodger? Hope Mr Piano has a fabulous experience ! Will you go visit?
  • NargleblastNargleblast Forumite
    10.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pleasures today.

More ripe blackberries collected whilst out with the dog.

A sunny day with none of that wet stuff.

Adding a few blackberries to my Rumtopf and sampling a little of the juice - oh my giddy aunt, it's luvverly! No room for anything else in the jar so I'll just leave it to fester for the next four months. It will be dynamite.

More decluttering done, attic is empty but I am now getting shot of the stuff that came out of it. Slowly, slowly.....

Lovely photo of me and OH in our posh gear on a cruise 14 years ago - now on display in the living room.

Cheese omelette and chips for dinner tonight.

Sweet, sticky, gooey flapjack with cherries in, made earlier today. Son had two big pieces.
    One life - your life - live it!
  • edited 13 August 2019 at 10:11PM
    DundeeDollDundeeDoll Forumite
    3.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 13 August 2019 at 10:11PM
    LaineyT I'm sure he will still play a large part in my life. Apart from anything else i still have his piano! (being collected in a couple of weeks)
    MHags I will have a friend finishing a PhD staying a couple of nights a week
    BOP tin pot - who cares? we's cares!
    1) MrPiano finally made it to Alabama. 1 cancelled plane, 1 late plane, 1 plane not able to find a place to park, and final leg sitting next to someone letting off. charming!
    2) colleague brought in 2 boxes of fisher and donaldson fudge doughnuts. best in the world! I had half a one :P
    3) then catch-up with an ex colleague. we ended up going for supper. l regaled her with tales of the man who didn't want coffee
    4) then dd2 walked the boys down to meet me
    5) and i happened on the results through a pub window
    I may not be there yet but I'm closer than I was yesterday
  • Purple_kittenPurple_kitten Forumite
    2.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not a pleasure, just a share, our little old lady ferret passed away in DH’s arms yesterday. We rescued her with her whole family at 3 days old, her mum having not been fed for 5 days so they all came here, she became a daddy’s gal who stuck her tongue out at me and nibbled me when she thought he wasn’t looking. It’s no easier even when we knew it was coming, and I still say there is something wrong with the breeding as they should be living healthy longer. I can honestly say we did the absolute best we could for her.

We are feeling overwhelmingly sad today and her cage mates are also struggling, even more of a must for pleasures.

1 Planned pasta bake using up leftovers and hopefully making comfort food.
    2 The blackberries within reach with the help of a ladder at the end of the garden.
    3 Decluttering and making way for where the boiler is moving to in our bedroom later this week. We are making progress with decluttering but we still have a room of doom that’s overwhelming, it will be tackled at the end of September after all the building works.
    4 The new mini shed arrived this morning, dh has already built it, and added in shelving.
    5 Another 3 boxes of kitchen stuff packed away in the other shed, I also batch cooked chilli.
  • edited 14 August 2019 at 1:01AM
    FrithFrith Forumite
    6.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 14 August 2019 at 1:01AM
    Sorry to hear that, PK. We always had a ferret each growing up - they're such characters.

Pleasures for today (Tuesday).

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) Washing done and dried on line (apart from a quick finish off in the dryer). Bed changed.

3) Hens OK.

4) Did final preserve for the village show! Just grabbed whatever I had frozen (blackberries, redcurrants etc) for the fruit jelly category.

5) Popped down to the charity shop and a friend/former colleague was working there today. We worked together years ago but then met up again doing voting jobs. We had a horrible election together 3-4 years back (awful presiding officer who didn't do anything all day) and my friend has refused to do any election work since!

6) Took smaller son and friend to watch their football team play.

7) I went geocaching in a nature reserve then a park in town. I could hear the cheering a mile away when they scored a goal! Found only 2 geocaches.

8) Took the boys to McDonalds.

Haven't the energy to go out and watch the Perseids!
    Never took piano lessons
    But baby you're a grand
    And I will learn to play the good notes
    And tune you up the best I can
  • villagelifevillagelife Forumite
    2.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Work was better but at a satellite site. Always more relaxed. As usual no reply to email about a complaint I had to deal with as wrong information was given initially.

2. A colleague have me a lift so I didn't have to wait nearly an hour for my bus. As it's school holidays he was happy to do it as traffic is lighter. In term time the journey takes twice as long.

3. Spent some time in the garden weeding. Picked more runner beans.

4. Easy tea a Jamie's take 5 recipe.

5. DS1 being very tslkative. Seems happier with new job still.
  • LaineyTLaineyT Forumite
    3.2K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to hear about your little lady PK

Tuesday pleasures,

A very busy, but productive day, snap on the bed change Frith and 3 loads dried on the line.

Picked a lot of my fresh herbs and dried them off in the oven, thyme, rosemary and have tried parsley but not sure it will keep as well.

Sorted round in my cupboards and made a list of required stock items, I need to find a large sealable box to put in under stairs cupboard for storing bread flour & yeast.

On my hands and knees removing the grass that grows through the cracks in our garden path, no bending as my back will ache and need a cushion for my knee, oh the joys!

Utd won a penalty shootout :j

A very clear night thanks to large moon.
  • BroomstickBroomstick Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Morning all:)

Thank you for posting all your pleasures. Catching up reading them is so cheering.
    More virtual hugs travelling their way to you SuffolkSue.

Five recent pleasures:

1) DM is having a week's respite in a rather costly care home - we all needed the break and she could afford it. Took me most of Monday to get her there and settled but she seemed to have been ok yesterday when I went to see her, muddled but not upset and a big grin when she saw me. The staff seem like safe pairs of hands.

2) The women who run the 'hair and beauty' salon there were the sweetest people ever (DM was having her hair and nails done when I arrived). They were really cherishing every older resident, male and female, who came in to see them. Perfect. DM was happy.

3) Being able to start to get her flat really clean again while she's away - DM was always so houseproud. DS1 gave me a hand the other evening.

4) Space to get on with my own academic work. Major deadline looming that has been delayed a couple of times because of the events of the last few months. I now have five fairly clear days to work miracles!

5) Eating what I want to eat, when I want to eat this week. :)

Have lovely Wednesdays everyone,
    Bx