28 replies 6.6K views
13»

Replies

• gomergomer Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    calcotti wrote: »
    If you have been found to have LCWRA and the element is not included in you UC entitlement calculation (if that is the benefit you are receiving) then you are not being correctly paid.

Ok lets try again because i think this is getting confused. I have been found to have limited capability for work and have been put IN the work related activity group. I go to the jc every couple of months to take part in work related activity.
  • calcotticalcotti Forumite
    8K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    gomer wrote: »
    I have been found to have limited capability for work and have been put IN the work related activity group. I go to the jc every couple of months to take part in work related activity.

Previously you said (#17)
    gomer wrote: »
    I am in limited capability for work and work-related activity.

No doubt this was a typing error but that's where the confusion has arisen.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Some rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • edited 13 August 2019 at 9:09PM
    gomergomer Forumite
    1.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    edited 13 August 2019 at 9:09PM
    That was just a c&p actually lol

That's what i thought though. It's the way it reads that confused things.

So basically limited capability of work.

AND

Limited capability for doing work related activity as well.

Glad thats sorted.
  • edited 13 August 2019 at 10:14PM
    Martin_D2Martin_D2 Forumite
    16 posts
    edited 13 August 2019 at 10:14PM
    Can we ask the DWP just to take a percentage of the backdated money like they’re doing now

So right now as you know she is paying £47.67 on the basic UC as she is now on LCWRA + UC

Can we ask them to take off £47 from the backdated money so that would be 11 months = £517 ? That would be on top of the £47.67 she has been paying.

As she really needs a new bed and waking AIDS as she has really bad COPD
  • edited 13 August 2019 at 10:18PM
    calcotticalcotti Forumite
    8K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 13 August 2019 at 10:18PM
    Martin_D2 wrote: »
    Can we ask the DWP just to take a percentage of the backdated money like they’re doing now

So right now as you know she is paying £47.67 on the basic UC as she is now on LCWRA + UC

Can we ask them to take off £47 from the backdated money so that would be 11 months = £517 ?

As she really needs a new bed and waking AIDS as she has really bad COPD

You can ask. However if there has been a previous benefits overpayment I believe this is immediately repayable in full. Accepting repayment in instalments is essentially a concession in recognition of the fact that somebody cannot pay.

At the moment you don’t appear to know whether the debt may use up all the arrears or only some of them.

If she needs walking aids can she not get these through a needs assessment? https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/social-care-and-support-guide/help-from-social-services-and-charities/getting-a-needs-assessment/

There may be charities that can help with the cost of a bed.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Some rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • edited 13 August 2019 at 11:06PM
    Martin_D2Martin_D2 Forumite
    16 posts
    edited 13 August 2019 at 11:06PM
    So on UC she has had one overpayment of £247.93 so don’t mind them taking it but if it’s for old benefit she still has a lot still to pay back. We are taking £7k+ it’s because of overpayments of tax credits for my sister as she was a college but the DWP she was not lol �� our mum gave up trying to prove she was.
  • poppy12345poppy12345 Forumite
    9.4K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    There's no need to pay for your own aids she can self refer for a needs assessment. https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/social-care-and-support-guide/help-from-social-services-and-charities/getting-a-needs-assessment/

An Occupational Therapist will come out to assess her and give her the help she needs.
  • ljs66ljs66 Forumite
    6 posts
    First Post
    MoneySaving Newbie
    I first claimed uc in May 2016 which i also had a sick note as i have asthma/copd (acos).  I have provided sick notes right up till dwp told me i didnt need to issue them no more which was in December 2019 as i was awarded LCWRA. They backdated my payment to june 2019 which was when they sent me the forms for a health assessment. I had waited over 3 years for a assessment when ive read in gov.co.uk that i shouldve had an assessment when i first claimed as i provided a sick note. Should my backdated payment go back to may 2016?
    Ive also now been awarded the enhanced mobility rate and standard living rate for pip