When can you post links? - Page 2

New Post Advanced Search

When can you post links?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Compers Chat Corner
44 replies 5.3K views

Replies

• icompicomp Forumite
    16 posts
    Thanks for the info, new user getting some posts in :)
  • edited 3 May 2019 at 12:00PM
    sleepyjonessleepyjones Forumite
    5.5K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 3 May 2019 at 12:00PM
    If you hang out of your bedroom window by your feet on the second phase of the Waxing Crescent Moon and recite "post linky boopy on forumy" 5 times, you'll be able to post links.

#TrueStory

:)

You do this at your own risk, I, nor MSE, the MSE forum team or MSE forum users will take any responsibility for people falling on their head
    *Good Luck * Be Lucky * Stay Lucky*
  • peterhalo111peterhalo111 Forumite
    130 posts
    10 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Ms_Dee wrote: »
    It doesn't matter how long you've been a member for, you can post links once you've posted 10-20 posts. Thanks for contributing :)
    Thank you for clarification.
  • John121John121 Forumite
    10 posts
    Thanks for the info. Does this count as 1 post?
  • MisslayedMisslayed Forumite, Board Guide
    7.9K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    John121 wrote: »
    Thanks for the info. Does this count as 1 post?

Every post counts towards the top secret magic number - unless it's spam!
    Hi. Martin has asked me to tell you I'm a Board Guide on the Competitions, Site Feedback and Campaigns boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to [email protected] (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.
  • Helpful thank you
  • sleepyjonessleepyjones Forumite
    5.5K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Restaurant deals probably wouldn't be posted in this forum unless they're competitions to win something.

The full forum list is here : https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/

For restaurant deals you'd maybe want the Grab it while you can forum or maybe the Discount Codes and Vouchers forum .

This particular forum is for competitions, but yeah ... welcome :)
    *Good Luck * Be Lucky * Stay Lucky*
  • UncleFeushyUncleFeushy
    8 posts
    MoneySaving Newbie
    I sort of understand why they block newbies from posting links but I've already commented over 20 times on other post how long will I have to wait for. Once ya posted or commented like 5 times you should be able to post links
  • edited 30 August 2019 at 10:32AM
    sarah1972sarah1972 Forumite, Board Guide
    16.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 30 August 2019 at 10:32AM
    I sort of understand why they block newbies from posting links but I've already commented over 20 times on other post how long will I have to wait for. Once ya posted or commented like 5 times you should be able to post links

There is no specific number of posts, its how long you have been a member along with posting numbers.

By posting over 20 posts in a matter of hours doesnt help your cause.

You can post links by putting spaces in it and another member will put the click up for you,

ie. w w w . money saving expert . com
    I'm a Board Guide on all of the Shopping & Freebies Boards & Competitions
    I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to [email protected] (its not part of my role to deal with reportable posts). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
  • edited 30 August 2019 at 12:15PM
    thingamaBobthingamaBob Forumite
    20K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 30 August 2019 at 12:15PM

You can't have posted "over 20 times" when your post count only shows as 10.

ETA: Your post count has now dropped to 8 so it seems some of your posts are not liked by MSE and are being removed.
    GrandBob