Road Traffic Penalty Points

New Post Advanced Search

Road Traffic Penalty Points

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
2 replies 3K views
RockmanRockman Forumite
620 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in N. Ireland
Can anyone advise if there is anywhere I can look online or anywhere I can phone to check the number of penalty points I have, and when they expire. I had a quick look on the DVLNI website but I could not see anything.

I had (have) 6 penalty points dating back a couple of years and I am not sure when they expire. I cannot lay my hands on my driving license letter at the moment so no way of checking there.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Val :)

Replies

• CEON44CEON44 Forumite
    419 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    From nidirect.gov.uk:

The paper counterpart of your driving licence will show driving offences and other relevant information.

If you’ve lost your driving licence and need to check your endorsement details you can contact DVA customer services, Monday to Friday from 9.00 am to 5.00 pm on:

phone: 0300 200 7861
    I started out with nothing......And still have most of it left:p
  • RockmanRockman Forumite
    620 posts
    Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately their system does not recognize NI driving license numbers.

I had to ring them and go through numerous options to finally get speaking to someone. I got it sorted in the end but it took some doing. You need lots of patience.
    Val :)