Forum Home» The Money Savers Arms

Strictly Come Dancing 2019 - Page 5

New Post Advanced Search

Money Savers Arms

Last ooorders!… We’re sorry but for now, due to resources, we need to close the Money Savers Arms including Discussion Time.

It’s not easy to write this. We love the forum, but we also have a job to do to protect it, our users and MoneySavingExpert, and at the moment, with all our resources focused on Coronavirus information, and all the team at home, we don’t feel we have the resources to do a good enough job.

For four months, we’ve been struggling to cope with the huge volumes of messages we’ve been getting from Forumites – many of whom are in desperate and dire straits with their finances. The team have been working all hours to try and keep on top of it. At first we thought it’d be a short sharp spike, but it isn’t, it’s continuing, so we have had some difficult choices to make about prioritisation.

Unfortunately in, and likely because of, these stressful times, the Forum team have also been receiving an increasing number of complaints about posts made on the Money Savers Arms and Discussion Time. The team have done what they can to try and walk the tightrope of balancing all the various interests, but for now we need to draw a line under this and temporarily close this Board, so we can keep the key, MoneySaving boards – where people are supporting each other through this crisis - running smoothly.

We know this board is important to you, but as the MSE stance has been forbearance throughout this crisis, now we ask that of you. We’re sorry. Of course you can post on other boards, but we’d ask you to stick to the subjects of those boards, and not use them as a surrogate Money Savers Arms or Discussion Time. And as always please be kind and friendly to each other, especially any newbies.

Thanks
MSE Forum Team

Strictly Come Dancing 2019

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in The Money Savers Arms
1.4K replies 30K views

Replies

• minimad1970minimad1970 Forumite
    6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    James Cracknell is number 14.
  • jackieblackjackieblack Forumite
    9.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Of the 14 that have been announced 8 are male and 6 female - possibly one more female might be announced to even numbers up a bit?
    The Anneka Rice rumours haven’t been disproved yet... :think:
    2.22kWp Solar PV system installed Oct 2010, Fronius IG20 Inverter,
    south facing (-5 deg), 30 degree pitch, no shading
    Quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur
    MFW #4 :) OPs: 2018 £866.89, 2019 £1322.33
    2020 YTD £837.07 Jan £69.76, Feb £67.31, Mar £700.00
    Everything will be alright in the end so, if it’s not yet alright, it means it’s not yet the end
  • charlies_mumcharlies_mum Forumite
    8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just been announced on radio 2, Anneka rice is the last one
    You're only young once, but you can be immature forever :D
  • pollypennypollypenny Forumite
    28.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should be an interesting lot.

There's no one I particularly like this year, though. Not keen on Cracknell, bit arrogant, but see how he goes.
    Member #14 of SKI-ers club

Words, words, they're all we have to go by!.

(Pity they are mangled by this autocorrect!)
  • luxor4tluxor4t Forumite
    11.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just been announced on radio 2, Anneka rice is the last one

Well, she is the only one I recognise. Shame I find her a little...umm....irritating. (No doubt she'd find me equally so :rotfl:)

Never mind, I'm looking forward to Saturday nights full of interesting moves, sequins and glitter, complaints about the choice of music, and - my favourite - spotting the contestant that the Wardrobe staff hate ;):o:p
    I can cook and sew, make flowers grow.
  • candygirlcandygirl Forumite
    29K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi guys :hello:
    Looking forward to seeing Katherine, n Jamie:D As for the rest........:rotfl:
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • flisshflissh Forumite
    720 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    ✭✭
    Not feeling very inspired by any of them TBH, and feel its a bit strange that Oti's sister is going to be a judge but hey ho! Im sure I'll enjoy it once it gets going.
  • WoodyMaxWoodyMax Forumite
    123 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    I gave up on Coronation Street after 45 years, looks like I'll be doing the same with strictly this year - all very uninspiring -bring back Len and lets have Anton on the judging panel - then I might reconsider ;)
  • candygirlcandygirl Forumite
    29K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aww Katya n Neil have split up.Sad, but not surprising :(
    "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf"

(Kabat-Zinn 2004):D:D:D
  • luxor4tluxor4t Forumite
    11.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ooops, I'm early for once!