Forum Home» The Money Savers Arms

Money Savers Arms CXXVII - serving beer, wine, soft drinks, tea, coffee - all welcome - Page 88

New Post Advanced Search

Money Savers Arms

Last ooorders!… We’re sorry but for now, due to resources, we need to close the Money Savers Arms including Discussion Time.

It’s not easy to write this. We love the forum, but we also have a job to do to protect it, our users and MoneySavingExpert, and at the moment, with all our resources focused on Coronavirus information, and all the team at home, we don’t feel we have the resources to do a good enough job.

For four months, we’ve been struggling to cope with the huge volumes of messages we’ve been getting from Forumites – many of whom are in desperate and dire straits with their finances. The team have been working all hours to try and keep on top of it. At first we thought it’d be a short sharp spike, but it isn’t, it’s continuing, so we have had some difficult choices to make about prioritisation.

Unfortunately in, and likely because of, these stressful times, the Forum team have also been receiving an increasing number of complaints about posts made on the Money Savers Arms and Discussion Time. The team have done what they can to try and walk the tightrope of balancing all the various interests, but for now we need to draw a line under this and temporarily close this Board, so we can keep the key, MoneySaving boards – where people are supporting each other through this crisis - running smoothly.

We know this board is important to you, but as the MSE stance has been forbearance throughout this crisis, now we ask that of you. We’re sorry. Of course you can post on other boards, but we’d ask you to stick to the subjects of those boards, and not use them as a surrogate Money Savers Arms or Discussion Time. And as always please be kind and friendly to each other, especially any newbies.

Thanks
MSE Forum Team

Money Savers Arms CXXVII - serving beer, wine, soft drinks, tea, coffee - all welcome

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in The Money Savers Arms
1.4K replies 78.2K views

Replies

• savvysavvy Forumite, Board Guide
    31.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing much happening around here, I am getting bored waiting for Dad to get back up to speed and I seem to spend a long time sitting at the front gate waiting for him to take me out :o
    Just as well Duncan, these temps are ridiculous, too many doggies collapsing and dying uneccessarily :(

We've been having playdates round my house with water play, scent work, treat toys, doggy ice lollies and canine bubbles instead of walking client dogs. It's been brilliant fun and much nicer!
    Honorary Northern Bird bestowed by Anselm
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to [email protected]. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
  • duncanthedogduncanthedog Forumite
    3.6K posts
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I run away when dad gets the hose out :o
    He does give me plenty of ice lollies though :T
    31.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unbelievable, another case yesterday, have you seen the poor greyhound in London fighting for his life now? :(:(

Aww, the girls have just had some more doggy ice lollies ;):D
    I'm a Board Guide and volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly on Special Occasions, Green/Ethical, Motoring/Overseas/UK Travel & Flood boards, it's not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Report inappropriate or illegal posts to [email protected]. Views are MINE & not official MSE ones ;)
    3.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dad seems to be more affected by the heat than me, he was ill with it yesterday and I got fewer walks again :(
    Rain today though so we'll see how many times I can take him out :D
    31.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dad seems to be more affected by the heat than me, he was ill with it yesterday and I got fewer walks again :(
    Rain today though so we'll see how many times I can take him out :D
    He'll get pneumonia then!! :p

Arrgg having a nightmare at the moment - not helped by spending 5 days trying to get through to Sky :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    3.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sky is only for football and even though I love watching it at ground level during a live match, Dad refuses to pay to have it on his TV.
    Freeview is king in this house, Dad can get everything that he doesn't watch using that so why pay :p
    31.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sky is only for football and even though I love watching it at ground level during a live match, Dad refuses to pay to have it on his TV.
    Freeview is king in this house, Dad can get everything that he doesn't watch using that so why pay :p
    Yep, now that sons and ex have all gone it's just me, so it's going to be Freeview and possibly NowTV added on for the Entertainment pack. But seriously need to think if it's worth it as I don't get a lot of time to watch TV and forget when things are on that I DO want to watch :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: And then just need to sort BB/phone out too!
  • FruitcakeFruitcake Forumite
    48.7K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    savvy wrote: »
    Yep, now that sons and ex have all gone it's just me, so it's going to be Freeview and possibly NowTV added on for the Entertainment pack. But seriously need to think if it's worth it as I don't get a lot of time to watch TV and forget when things are on that I DO want to watch :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: And then just need to sort BB/phone out too!

It sounds like you need one of those digital devices that records programmes you don't want to watch and plays them back when you are out. :D
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
    31.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fruitcake wrote: »
    It sounds like you need one of those digital devices that records programmes you don't want to watch and plays them back when you are out. :D
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: You donut!! Ha I will miss not being able to record a programme - but will try and do without for now and see how the finances go :o
    31.1K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay it's September now.........you can all come out of hiding and post again! :p:p:p