edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
375 replies 20.6K views

Replies

• FrithFrith Forumite
    7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    B - yoghurt and berries

T - chicken shawarma (Nadiya’s recipe) with courgette, peppers and creme fraiche.
  • s_glovers_glover Forumite
    653 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 500 Posts
    ✭✭
    Oh dear Need2bthrifty, not a complete waste of a morning though, at least you got 2 miles of exercise in!

Good day on Monday. Got loads done in the garden. A lovely tuna sarnie for lunch, made all the better for not having one in ages and smoked fish risotto for tea.
    I had a nice walk out yesterday lunchtime but the afternoon went downhill. The pasta salad I had for lunch just didn't hit the spot so I went and bought a sandwich, only to also succumb to crisps and a bag of revels.
    felt really awful afterwards so I'm using it to serve as a reminder that weakness in the moment only leads me to a downward spiral.

Back on the wagon today and hoping to go for a run but I'm not too hopeful with the current weather forecast.
    Hope you all have a great Wednesday.
  • FrithFrith Forumite
    7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    B - blueberries and yoghurt

T - veg lasagne. BSD recipe and it was vile - and I eat anything!
  • BramblingBrambling Forumite
    3.1K Posts
    1,000 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings from sunnyish Devon :wave: only one day of rain yesterday so we've been able to do lots of walking, 9 miles today along the coastal path, very steep and my Fitbit tells me the same as 133 flights of stairs :eek:

Just the one cream tea, sheltering from the heavy rain yesterday and it was delicious, light fluffy scones :). We share a slice of Bakewell tart and a cream tea, todays walk hopefully helped with the calories :p. I fear we will succumb tomorrow as the tea room next door serves good ones and it would be rude not too :D

Rosewood I'll remove you when I get back, please pop in to say hello we miss you :) it seems you lost your diet mojo when you hurt your leg.

Firth is it possible you didn't eat enough calories which is why you STS this week 800 is low I'm impressed you can do it

I will update the list when I get back but it's easier on the laptop and the internet is slow here, I forgot what it was like watching pages load :cool:
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • Need2bthriftyNeed2bthrifty Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    s_glover wrote: »
    Oh dear Need2bthrifty, not a complete waste of a morning though, at least you got 2 miles of exercise in!

Yeah both ways...two days running :rotfl: never mind I'm now sporting a nice short cool pixie cut :D

Yesterday was a bit of a lazy day cook-wise, no enthusiasm just what came to hand and assembling and reheating already cooked elements from the freezer

B - cheese slice, fruit and dry toast
    L - tuna mayo, crackers, salad
    D - melanzane parmigiana, green beans & a slice of garlic bread

I have the dental hygienist later this morning for my regular S+P and there is a nice fish shop close by so I'll pop in and see what looks good to get for my tea. I also need to do a bit of a top up shop and @ldi is on route which is handy as I'm loving their Italian ham at the moment, might also get some Parma ham as the melon I got at the weekend has ripened up nicely in this heat.

Just had some muesli for a change with stewed rhubarb, lunch will be some fruit on the go and I'm beginning to fancy some fish & chips tonight, it feels like forever since I had some.
  • s_glovers_glover Forumite
    653 Posts
    Tenth Anniversary 500 Posts
    ✭✭
    Pleased to hear you are enjoying a mostly sunny Devon Brambling.

Need2bthrifty - your new pixie cut sounds nice.

After falling off the wagon Tuesday, despite my best of intentions yesterday I failed to get back on and had another day of sneaking in lots of extra calories and loosing control.

Today is going better so far. I've enjoyed a nice 5 mile run so am feeling a lot better.
    Tomorrow I'm in London so lots of travelling and sitting down all day.
    At the weekend we have visitors. Saturday will probably involve visiting a few pubs and probably tea out. If the weather holds we're planning a walk on Sunday.
    I'm off work decorating next week so, whatever the scales say on Monday I hoping I can have a good week next week.
  • FrithFrith Forumite
    7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    B - quiche without pastry

T - veg lasagne

Both BSD
  • SIRENSSIRENS Forumite
    1.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭
    Pleased with my loss this week -5lb , recouped last weeks gain plus a small dent going forwards.

Trying to fill up more on salad and veg and drinking more water hopefully it will help with next week (although this week is takeaway Sunday!)

Sounds like you are having a lovely time Brambling and I'm sure all that walking must be counteracting the odd treats. :rotfl:
    'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose' - Dr Suess

OS
  • Need2bthriftyNeed2bthrifty Forumite
    1.3K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Afternoon All and well done SIRENS thats a great loss.

Its a bit cooler here today so my brisk walk was much more comfortable this morning.

I managed to restrain myself last night :A, the haddock I bought was quite large so to have chips with it would have been far too much, I did it in panko crumbs and just had some peas, salad, a blob of tartare sauce and thoroughly enjoyed it all. Fish again tonight - because the herring season is limited I tend to have it regularly when it is in the fish shops.

B - banana on toast
    L - ham salad, nectarine
    D - herring in oatmeal, new pots & peas

Freezer needs a bit of organising and some meal planning needed for the next few days, then I'll put my feet up in front of the telly - NY housewives :o my guilty pleasure :D.
  • FrithFrith Forumite
    7K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    B - blueberries and yoghurt

L - scrambled egg

T - salmon fillet with roast courgette and peppers
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Tesco Clubcard rule tweaks

Be careful when converting points to Cineworld

MSE News

£148 of Ciaté nail polish for £35

Via its Advent calendar (norm £59 delivered)

MSE Deals