Forum Home» Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning» Flight Delay Compensation

Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Flybe ONLY - Page 74

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Flight delay and cancellation compensation, Flybe ONLY

edited 1 July 2014 at 4:05PM in Flight Delay Compensation
747 replies 236.2K views

Replies

• JPearsJPears Forumite
    4.9K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alas, no. Airlines are only responsible for delays within the flight destination. Consequential losses are not covered.
    One of life lessons, always buy an open train ticket when connecting from a flight. More expensive I know, but saves the hassle.
    Check your travel insurance, it may be covered.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • Irish_SteveIrish_Steve Forumite
    27 posts
    10 Posts First Anniversary
    I did have my doubts but you never know, they may pay it as a goodwill gesture (it was £38) but i`m not holding my breath!
  • So just a rant really not sure what more i can do.

17:20 Flight due to Board 17:50 Due leave leave

1: 18:40 Delay due to plane not arriving yet

2: 19:20 Delay due to disabled passengers getting off (which were not sure is true as didnt see anyone get off)

3:19:50 On Plane at this point but delay due to Amsterdam airport having no fuel

4: 20:20 Delay while they put fuel in both wings for a return journey

5: 21:00 Delayed till 00:30 due to Weather in Amsterdam Stuck on Runway

6: 21:30 Told flight is now cancelled due to Amsterdam not allowing planes to land their (Because of a thunderstorm)

7: 22:10 Get off plane get on bus go back through immgratation go to flybe Desk and wait in line with 200 people.

8: 22:40 Get told bye the staff at the airline that FLYBE will be giving the 250 Euro compensation as goodwill gesture just have to claim it (They called headoffice apparently) to each passenger, so we leave (wouldnt of left otherwise)

The last week fighting with them over it getting told it wasnt in their control so not their fault not offering anything expensis or compensation goodwill gesture or not

Today had a nice phone call and nearly a meltdown get qoated same thing ask the guy to look into it see what headoffice said or who people at airline spoke to on phone he says he will look into it but hes not garenteeing anything.

Too be Continued. anyone else on that flight dont give up we were promised something if they told us that too get rid of us im sure that falls under unethicle standards or something well see what happens

By, Guy in awsome game of thrones hoodie.
  • Caz3121Caz3121 Forumite
    13.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I assume you have nothing in writing?
    EUClaim shows - "An analysis of the data for this flight shows that an extraordinary circumstance was the cause of the delay.
    Unfortunately you are not entitled to compensation"
    You could try Bott and co checker but it will likely be the same.
  • Dark_ZeroDark_Zero Forumite
    4 posts
    First Post
    On 30 July 2019, my wife and l arrived at Manchester Airport only to find our flight to Aberdeen that day was cancelled.
    As such we decided not to fly on the alternate flight the following day as we had other commitments. I also had to cancel collecting my 7 year old granddaughter from a friend as her mother was working an evening shift.
    We asked a member of staff near the check in desk as to why the flight was cancelled to which she replied, “I have no idea, they don’t bloody tell us anything.” She told us about getting a flight the following day if we wanted or travel to Aberdeen on a coach which was being provided that evening. As we had plans the following day that was our only viable option

At 1630 hours same day, we boarded the coach provided outside the terminal and set off on the long journey north. There were only 8 other passengers on this full sized coach and to make matters worse we were advised by the driver that the toilets only partially worked. I will not elaborate about this issue as you may be eating whilst reading this thread There were also no refreshments provided and had to supply our own, We arrived at Aberdeen Airport shortly after midnight, tired and with a further 30 mile drive home.

I understand that flights are cancelled, for reasons such as adverse weather, security or aircraft mechanical/electrical issues. l am not naive to think this was the case and suspect it was more like, lack of passengers to make the flight financially viable or perhaps no pilot. As the member of staff could not supply a reason my suspicions may have caused an almighty argument had it been one of those.

I did get an email when we got home re the cancellation and used the link:mad: to ask for a refund which would take between 5-7 days to sort out. To date nothing, not even a reply email or letter. My concern about that was the mention of a partial refund.

As a result, l also sent them a letter of complaint regarding compensation, again its been a week and still not even an acknowledgement that they received the letter.:mad:
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • JPearsJPears Forumite
    4.9K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Zero,
    FlyMaybe strikes again.

You are probably due compensation, not a refund, for the delay in arriving at your destination. Euro250 each.
    If you're new. read The FAQ and Vauban's Guide

The alleged Ringleader.........
  • With regard to my four hour delay fliying from Glasgow to Exeter on 20th July, I lodged a claim with resolver and Flybe have now replied saying that the delay was due to disruptive passengers on the flight.

We were told almost three hours before our flight that it was 2.5 hours delayed so not caused by passengers on our flight. I assume that they're talking about a different flight. Are they usually this confused? Or is it a strategy?

If we do decide to use a company to claim, does anyone have any recommendations? Bott seems a bit pricey, euclaim seems marginally cheaper but (though they told me I might be eligible for compensation) they said it could be 600 euros per person, which is BS.
  • Justice13075Justice13075 Forumite
    2K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Firstly slow down there is a lot you can do before thinking of using a solicitor (Never use a claims company). Was your flight BE535 if yes EuClaim say you are possibly due compensation. Now that you have a rejection from Flybe contact them and ask for a deadlock letter, they know why you are asking. When you get the letter go to the ADR website https://www.aviationadr.org.uk/ and fill in the complaint form and let them decide of you have a case. You could still use a solicitor if they reject your claim.
  • Dark_ZeroDark_Zero Forumite
    4 posts
    First Post
    Like you l used there online link to claim back the fares approx 20 days ago and used the template to claim on this site too. That was sent over a week ago and have not even received an acknowledgement that they received either. i will end up calling them on Monday if nothing heard back by then.
  • Justice13075Justice13075 Forumite
    2K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they turn down your claim ask them for a deadlock letter and follow advice i gave to sherpa.