Forum Home» Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance

PPI Reclaiming Discussion Part 5 - Page 1065

New Post Advanced Search

PPI Reclaiming Discussion Part 5

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Reclaim PPI & Other Insurance
11K replies 1.7M views

Replies

• Hi has anyone claimed from Toyota finance. I bought a new car in 2013 direct from Toyota dealership with Toyota finance. Just wondering if anyone has already had a successful claim from them?

Ive noticed a few people on here who have had toyota finance but told to claim from whomever sold them the finance (I. E where they bought the car from) .... Silly question but would it be Toyota finance or Toyota dealership I need to speak too to see if I had PPI - I only have the agreement number not the original agreement.

I can't find anything on their website about PPI claims

Thanks
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Hi has anyone claimed from Toyota finance. I bought a new car in 2013 direct from Toyota dealership with Toyota finance.
    You won't have been sold PPI of any description by a car dealer in 2013.

Don't waste your time.
    I can't find anything on their website about PPI claims

Banks stopped offering it in 2009 and everyone else followed suit shortly afterwards.
  • Rog2PJRog2PJ Forumite
    1 posts
    I had PPI added to 2 BMW Finance agreements in 1999 without my knowledge and without my agreement (the PPI figure was handwritten onto the agreement after I’d signed and the DD amount amended. The BMW garage has gone into liquidation and BMW Finance say it’s not their problem. What could my next steps be? (I’ve tried the ombudsman but car finance was unregulated in 1999).
  • SonOfSonOf Forumite
    2.6K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rog2PJ wrote: »
    I had PPI added to 2 BMW Finance agreements in 1999 without my knowledge and without my agreement (the PPI figure was handwritten onto the agreement after I’d signed and the DD amount amended. The BMW garage has gone into liquidation and BMW Finance say it’s not their problem. What could my next steps be? (I’ve tried the ombudsman but car finance was unregulated in 1999).

You give up.

The dealer has the liability for the complaint but dealers were not regulated until Jan 2005 (caveat that a very small number of dealers were agents of a lender and in those cases, they have to consider pre-regulation).

The dealer no longer exists. So, you do not get access to the FOS and as it is pre-regulation, you do not get access to the FSCS.

So, game over.
  • I was never aware of having PPI, but I used the 'PPI check' function in Resolver, and two organisations confirmed I did have PPI (so i started a reclaim). Others have confirmed I didn't, but most have done nothing, even after a month.

is this a normal dely? Should I just submit a claim anyway even if they don't confirm I had PPI?
  • zx81zx81 Forumite
    29.7K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's normal for Resolver to mislay your emails.

Contact the lender directly to check for PPI or make your complaint. But it would be a little odd to complain about having something you may not have.
  • "...it would be a little odd to complain about having something you may not have"

Agreed! Not just a little odd, but rather dubious behaviour. But, given that I had PPI with two organisations and never knew it, I though Resolver's 'PPI check' function was perfect - it enables me to politely ask whether I had had PPI, rather than a making a potentially false claim. But if I get no response what am I to do?
  • zx81zx81 Forumite
    29.7K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    comfychair wrote: »
    But if I get no response what am I to do?

As I say - go direct and just ask the lenders. Resolver can only ever delay the process.

It's like asking your slightly forgetful aunt to post a letter for you. It might get there, or it might just sit in her handbag and end up smelling of Werther's Originals.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    MoneySaving Newbie
    comfychair wrote: »
    Should I just submit a claim anyway even if they don't confirm I had PPI?
    No, just go direct to their websites and ask them if you had PPI.