Best Sim-only Deals guide Discussion

edited 12 November 2018 at 3:33PM in Mobiles
630 replies 169.2K views

Replies

• edited 18 July 2019 at 11:03AM
    Hydro1Hydro1 Forumite
    33 posts
    edited 18 July 2019 at 11:03AM
    philatio, I have just clicked through to that offer from Uswitch. The page shows me £7.50, reduced to £5, plus up to £2.50 unused data discount.

https://smarty.co.uk/plans/small?utm_campaign=awin&utm_medium=affiliates&utm_source=uSwitch+Mobiles&utm_content=Comparison+Engine&awc=10933_1563443695_940de34ddfb9f1d1335a9fb4c4f6b3d5

PS, clicking through to the order page shows that the £5 price is only valid for the first 3 months
  • Hydro1Hydro1 Forumite
    33 posts
    philatio, their pages seem to be changing each time I look, but the offer is still misleading. Initially the page I linked to suggested that the price was £7.50, reduced to £5, plus the usual unused data discount, which could potentially have made the price £2.50 per month. Next time it showed £7.50 with free data for 3 months, reducing the price to £5. No unused data discount as the data is free. As they have a minimum monthly price of £5 on all packages, I think they may still be working on correcting the misleading info.
  • JezzabellJezzabell Forumite
    125 posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Name Dropper
    Thanks for that, when i looked previously i read the bit that said - Tethering is not supported in Go Roam around the World destinations on any plans. - i overlooked the bit about Go Roam in Europe. Fab, no need for another SIM as both my husband and I have 12GB data on our phones. Love MSE for helping!

Just double checked with Three chat and if there was anything else i needed to do and they gave me an extra 2GB free this month for being a lovely valued customer - bonus!
  • Hydro1Hydro1 Forumite
    33 posts
    To finhumfrey who reported issues with Smarty and EU Roaming. In addition to enabling roaming on your phone, are you aware that you also need to make a one off change to your phone's APN settings ?
    https://help.smarty.co.uk/en/articles/2045756-setting-up-your-phone-to-work-abroad
  • bobmaloogabobmalooga Forumite
    6 posts
    MoneySaving Newbie
    voxi have lifted the age restriction now so anyone can have it regardless of age ,
    6gb data none of which is used for social media thats unlimited
    unlimited minutes and txts
    free picture msgs
  • bobmaloogabobmalooga Forumite
    6 posts
    MoneySaving Newbie
    sorry all i forgot to include the price, its £10 rolling 30 day
  • Well that is quite a good option if we can cancel the contract any time, because I always get into contract trap and bear the consequences such as not being satisfied, yet bound to the contract :(
  • lw373lw373 Forumite
    17 posts
    Do any sim providers allow you to pay up-front for a year rather than monthly billing?

I want to get as many recurring charges off my bank account as possible as I’ll be applying for a mortgage soon and it’s probably going to be a bit tight getting what I want.
  • sevenhillssevenhills Forumite
    2.9K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    lw373 wrote: »
    Do any sim providers allow you to pay up-front for a year rather than monthly billing?

I want to get as many recurring charges off my bank account as possible as I’ll be applying for a mortgage soon and it’s probably going to be a bit tight getting what I want.

Maybe there is a pay-as-you-go plan that allows you to pay upfront and then lasts 12 months?

• d123d123 Forumite
    8.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    lw373 wrote: »

You could always set your spend limit to £0 and then make a payment of 12 x £monthly cost.
    ====