Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

MSE Poll: Have you been scammed & did you tell anyone?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Money Saving Polls
3 replies 3.8K views
Former_MSE_NaomiFormer_MSE_Naomi MSE Staff
519 Posts
Second Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped! Newshound!
MSE Staff
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Money Saving Polls
Poll started 16 July 2019
This week two major new anti-scam ads initiatives launched on the back of Martin’s lawsuit against Facebook.

Scams are getting more professional, from phone calls pretending to be from banks to scam ads online. Have you been a victim and if so did you declare it?
Did you vote? Are you surprised at the results so far? Have your say below.

If you haven't already, join the forum to reply.

Thanks! :)

Replies

• CliddyCliddy Forumite
    229 Posts
    Bit confused about the definition of scammed on here. The number of people scammed and open about it implies to me that it's been interpreted as they have received a phone call/text/email. But not necessarily reacted to it and lost something.
    We've all received those surely at some time?
    If all these people have actually lost something, then the problem is bigger than I imagined.
    I responded that I hadn't been scammed, despite receiving probably "hundreds" of the above mediums. Mainly thanks to TalkTalk!!
  • NaughtiusMaximusNaughtiusMaximus Forumite
    2.8K Posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cliddy wrote: »
    Bit confused about the definition of scammed on here. The number of people scammed and open about it implies to me that it's been interpreted as they have received a phone call/text/email. But not necessarily reacted to it and lost something.
    We've all received those surely at some time?
    If all these people have actually lost something, then the problem is bigger than I imagined.
    I responded that I hadn't been scammed, despite receiving probably "hundreds" of the above mediums. Mainly thanks to TalkTalk!!

Indeed, currently around 40% of respondents say they have been scammed, I'd consider even 10% to be on the high side.
  • CliddyCliddy Forumite
    229 Posts
    How do I get full listing of responses? Each time I look all I get is my point and your response !!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

JPMorgan Chase strikes deal to buy Nutmeg

It confirms there'll be no change for Nutmeg customers for now

MSE News

Balance transfer credit cards

Shift existing card debt to 0% interest for up to 29 months

MSE Guides

Amazon Prime Day has begun

Incl extra 30% off Amazon Warehouse. Ends 11.59pm Tue

MSE Deals