Forum Home» Marriage, Relationships & Families

I will cut my coat according to my cloth. {Edited by Forum team} 2019 - Page 120

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

I will cut my coat according to my cloth. {Edited by Forum team} 2019

2.1K replies 511.8K views

Replies

• pollyanna_26pollyanna_26 Forumite
    3.8K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've just been catching up on the recent posts. I feel it's pretty pointless for people to keep rehashing the past. The thing that matters now is the little ones . I have said before that Biggest should find someone other than Mooloo to do childcare duties when needed. The boys are in need of a stable routine which means their own space in their own beds .

As far as I'm aware the lad is still not able to attend nursery for good reasons but it means another change to his normal. After being taken into care he began to adapt to being with the foster carers following a set routine. Then he was back with mum and dad and now he's with dad and Mooloo. That's a lot to deal with. Biggest is a married woman and although her husband works away she should be arranging her own childcare and not relying on mum.

Your focus Mooloo needs to be on dgd and the little ones plus your own wellbeing . When you're used to being the doer and fixer it's hard to adapt to not saying yes to everyones requests . However it's what is now needed.

We're nearly halfway through July so not long until you hand over the shop , focus on looking after dgd and the little ones and winding down the business.
    pollyx
    It is better to light a single candle than to curse the darkness.
  • beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    74.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow. So sad to pop on this morning and read such harshness.
    I was brought up that if you could not say anything nice to not say anything at all.
    None of us know what may happen in our families.
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    MFW. Finally mortgage free February 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
  • geminiladygeminilady Forumite
    1.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    I agree Beanielou very harsh posts. The poster who said Mooloo could not bring up her own children to be adequately functioning adults in society is very harsh the twins have diagnosed problems is Mooloo to blame for that?
    As to her granddaughter all children have accidents and illnesses, show me a child that does not.
    Also the state that removed the twins children has decided that Mooloo is the best person to care for her granddaughter and the boys so it is obvious they do not think there is anything wrong with her parenting.
  • Savvy_sewingSavvy_sewing Forumite
    11.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Rampant Recycler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Twin 1 has gone on to have two children in a loving and supportive relationship so that doesn't make the criticism right.

I have never said that I was a perfect parent. Heaven forbid. I just do my best. Annandale can think what she likes.
    I don't actually give a fig for her opinion or her criticism of me.
    I wasn't blaming the lad. I call him the lad as trying to keep tabs on Dgd numbers and Dgd numbers when 3 of them were all born within a few weeks of each other got a bit confusing.
    Yes he was disruptive, I commented that it wasn't idea but I wasn't blaming him.
    I hope that I never meet people like you very often. The type that twist the knife really are not worth my time
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
    3.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Save your energy for those who deserve it Mooloo. You can't reason with nasty.

I hope you managed a little you time today. I'm in danger of getting square eyes from watching too much tv today. Wore myself out watching my beloved Fed. I really believed he'd win another final today. Such a long match but the best man won in the end .

I don't know if you're aware the final series of Poldark starts tonight at 9pm on bbc1. I've continued the viewing with a repeat of call the midwife which is on now. I don't usually watch a lot of tv but the positive is I've shifted a huge ironing pile and a job well done.

Hope dgds foot is getting better , well done to her for keeping the little ones amused yesterday.
    pollyx
  • jaydeejayjaydeejay Forumite
    41 posts
    Have been following Mooloo's thread for some time but never commented before. I am full of admiration for Mooloo and how she balances all the calls on her as a parent and grandparent. Perhaps the other thing that is being forgotten is that there are absent parents here who aren't prepared to put children and grandchildrens needs before their own and are leaving Mooloo to pick up and bear a lot of the burden emotionally, physically and financially. All Mooloo can do is what she feels is best at any point in time.
    Keep on keeping on Mooloo.
    JDJ x
  • hb2hb2 Forumite
    1.3K posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't it be wonderful to have a 'perfect' life? Meanwhile, back in the real world, most of us just do the best we can at any given time.
    It's not difficult!
    'Wander' - to walk or move in a leisurely manner.
    'Wonder' - to feel curious.
  • Savvy_sewingSavvy_sewing Forumite
    11.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Rampant Recycler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I spent yesterday organising my cabin.
    The machines and desk are all set up. The units out of my sitting room, a shelf from my bedroom, and the fabric also from the front room are now installed.
    I managed to use the laptop on the internet by using my mobile phone as a hotspot. Technology is so clever.
    When I die I will know that I have lived, loved, mattered and made a difference, even if in a small way.
  • whiteguineapigwhiteguineapig Forumite
    1.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Mooloo please make sure its well locked up and insured
    3.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mooloo please make sure its well locked up and insured

I noticed Mooloo changed her insurance policy last week so that was possibly to cover the cabin and contents.

Another big tick off the list by starting to make the cabin your space Mooloo. Although things went off plan this year , the decision to relocate to home has served you well . Much easier and less stress than trying to run the shop now .
    pollyx