New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Prime offer

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in It's Gone, but was it any good?
14 replies 3.3K views
venisonvenison Forumite
4.9K posts
1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in It's Gone, but was it any good?
Amazon prime are offering existing pay monthly or new prime members for £59 a year, thats a £20 saving on usual price or a saving of £37 if you currently pay £7.99 a monthly
Offer ends 16th July.
Boycott the right wing press !

Replies

• BrowntoaBrowntoa Forumite, Board Guide
    47.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was waiting for this , dropped sky cinema and signed up for Netflix and now Amazon prime . Still paying less than before
    Links in my signature currently broken
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's , Boost your income and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to [email protected] Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • ShaneUKShaneUK Forumite
    1.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Very tempted!

What are the advantages? And with Amazon Music, is it a package that is compatible with Amazon Alexa (I believe some Amazon Music deals aren't!)?

Is there plenty of choice on Amazon video? I looked earlier, and some had a prime marker, and some didn't. Do I take it that anything without a Prime marker would be an additional cost (for example, TV Series of Death in Paradise).
  • asajjasajj Forumite
    5K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Rampant Recycler
    ✭✭✭✭
    I personally don't find Amazon video selection of shows/movies any good but down to personal preference, I think.
    £2020 in 2020 / £1678.62

ally.
  • FlickyFootFlickyFoot Forumite
    23 posts
    Fifth Anniversary 10 Posts
    Don't forget about Prime Reading too. If you enjoy reading there are lots of books and magazines to read.
  • venisonvenison Forumite
    4.9K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭✭
    I find prime video pretty good lots of free movies/tv series and exclusive content. plus some others from as little as 99p, add in the free delivery on many things and you soon get your money back.
    Boycott the right wing press !
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • fiestaman87fiestaman87 Forumite
    78 posts
    Hi All,

Just a tip for renewing Amazon Prime:
    (it worked for me anyway!)

My Amazon Prime subscription expired on 2nd July 2019 so I decided not to auto renew at £79.

I bided my time and today I checked Amazon and, lo and behold, I was offered Prime for £59.

So I renewed for £20 less. :money:

Has anyone else had this?

(by the way I do generally get my money's worth out of Prime).
    Total Savings: AA £100.00, HSBC £1250.00, Marcus £11.55, Nationwide £2263.02, TSB £1,000.00, Virgin Money £3,300.19 - Total £7.924.76
    Save 12k in 2019 Challenge - £4,162.96
    Total Debt: Barclaycard (0% APR) £2,550.00, Santander CC (0% APR) £3,800.00, Santander Loan (3% - for car) £2,783.26, Mortgage £47,411.70 (1.5% APR) - Total £56,544.96
  • edited 13 July 2019 at 3:46PM
    moleratmolerat Forumite
    23.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited 13 July 2019 at 3:46PM
    Prime is currently on offer at £59 so I am afraid you are not special :p

Although it does state
    Available to new customers and those switching from monthly to annual plans only.
  • fiestaman87fiestaman87 Forumite
    78 posts
    molerat wrote: »
    Prime is currently on offer at £59 so I am afraid you are not special :p

"Available to new customers and those switching from monthly to annual plans only."

That's interesting because I've never been a pay monthly Amazon Prime customer.

Perhaps I'm a 'new' one though after less than 2 weeks.
    Total Savings: AA £100.00, HSBC £1250.00, Marcus £11.55, Nationwide £2263.02, TSB £1,000.00, Virgin Money £3,300.19 - Total £7.924.76
    Save 12k in 2019 Challenge - £4,162.96
    Total Debt: Barclaycard (0% APR) £2,550.00, Santander CC (0% APR) £3,800.00, Santander Loan (3% - for car) £2,783.26, Mortgage £47,411.70 (1.5% APR) - Total £56,544.96
  • comeandgocomeandgo Forumite
    3.8K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    My prime run out earlier this month, pay yearly, and I did get the £59 offer too. Still not taking it though.
  • BrowntoaBrowntoa Forumite, Board Guide
    47.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just realised I can share the account with one other person and 2 children for free so they also get prime delivery
    Links in my signature currently broken
    I'm the Board Guide of the Referrers ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's , Boost your income and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to [email protected] Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.